SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Wez Venables Small bodied Archtop - "Paulette" - price drop

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17248
    tbh, I'm quite happy to hold onto this one for now.   But, once I finish the next one I will have to move one of them on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1438
    Every time I see this guitar, I want to play it, but I know I couldnt justify buying it so would be wasting your time. Partly because I'm not a big neck pickup guy, and partly because I'd love to have a go at building something like it myself!

I hope someone jumps on this, because it's stunningly beautiful and I really enjoy your build threads and learn a huge amount from them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey, I know this is an old thread and I'm pretty sure I know the the answer, but I got to ask - Did you manage to sell this guitar? :-) 
    yes and no.  short story is it's not currently for sale.

It went of to a guy who loved it at first, but I don't think it was really right for what he wanted it for.  he had a resonance issue on 1 note, sadly an important note for the thing he was trying to record.   I tried a few fixes but  he was still having issues which i was struggling to recreate.  in the end I gave him a refund and took it back about 4 months after the original sale as I didn't see a successful outcome for him.

So it's back with me and I intend to rework a few elements at some point to make it more robust for more styles, but I have not got around to it yet as the whole saga was quite demoralizing.  I pick it up now and still love playing it and the way it performs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That couldn't have been fun! I'm a retired custom furniture maker so I know the what it's like trying to get perfect products into the hands of perfect clients.
    I've been on the hunt for something like this ever since I got to briefly play an es125. Needless to say it was way out of my price range. But now I'm rambling! Anyway enjoy your guitar, but if you ever decide to let it go again, I could be interested. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Have you thought about putting a piezo bridge on it and seeing how that sounds? Something like this with dual outputs could be right up my alley…
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • That's a work of art right there. 
    edited December 2022
    I am considering bridge options. I may even drill the top for a tuneomatic as its quite a low neck angle for a hollowbody, so i think it could work.the top and braces should work fine with that

It wont take an aftermarket piezo archtop bridge as they would all be too high for this, but if the TOM idea pans out that would bring piezo options.

It's all on my to do list

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What about TOM and a filtertron?