SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fano Standard sp6

What's Hot
GrahamGuitar1GrahamGuitar1 Frets: 12
edited June 2021 in Guitars £
Fully expecting silence on this one but Just feels like an itch I feel I have to scratch

Just something about those Fanos...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1392
    Not sure where you are based, but there's one for sale in Ireland currently, used. Asking price €800/680 pounds.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23023
    I'm not helping, just curious - is Omnis the budget version, made in China or somewhere?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm not helping, just curious - is Omnis the budget version, made in China or somewhere?
    Chinese version is Omni

Previous US made was Standard and top-end was Alt De Facto
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    Thanks, I had an Alt De Facto SP6 for a while, knew about the Standard but hadn't heard of Omnis.
  • I’d be equally interested in the standard if anyone has one they’re keen to move on?

thanks folks 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited June 2021
    I haven't had an SP6 Standard - I have an SP6 Alt de Facto and an RB6 Thinline Alt de Facto at present - but I have had a 'standard' RB6 and was very impressed with it. It certainly had some of the 'Fender CS' feel about it to me, anyway. I wouldn't hesitate to go for a 'standard' again. The only Omnis model that I've picked up (as in 'held') was an MG6 at Sound Affects the other week - it was a heavy old thing, but it might just have been that one.
    Call me Dave.
  • Oh really? Good to hear on the standard that. Possibly a much stronger option then. Cheers DB

Just think they’re stunning guitars 
    Yes, I've become a convert recently and bought a couple. I'd have one of the JM's as well, and would have probably snapped the one up at Coda if it had a wobble stick. I was looking at the SOnic Blue SP6 Standard that Sound Affects had for  a while, and was very tempted to pull the trigger, but then an Alt de Facto - same colour, similar spec - came up at Coda, and that tipped the balance.

There's about £1000-£1200 difference between the Standard and the AdF - as ever, there's nowhere near that much difference in quality, although you do get a hard case!
    Call me Dave.
  • Haha! I like it that the hard case was the clincher!
  • Thanks for the comment though. Standard might be the one for me!
    I was, and would be, very happy with a Standard model.
    Call me Dave.
    I've never tried a Standard, but judging by pictures and specs there seems to be very little difference between Standard and Alt de Facto - it mostly seemed like they'd narrowed the range of options in respect of body woods, scratchplate materials, pickup covers, knobs etc, but the guitar itself looked pretty much the same (except they stopped using the slot-headed tuners, which was a shame, but that's just a little detail I liked).
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    edited June 2021
    I've got five Fano Alt de Factos and one of the main differences to the Standard is pickups. Lollars (or Frailins) on the AdF, Fano OEM on the Standard. I'm sure the OEMs are very good too, just different I suspect?  The AdFs are customer ordered and therefore custom built to spec whereas the Standards are more off the shelf.  Four of mine  were built before the departure of Dennis Fano, but the newer ones are also very good indeed. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    Philly_Q said:
    I've never tried a Standard, but judging by pictures and specs there seems to be very little difference between Standard and Alt de Facto - it mostly seemed like they'd narrowed the range of options in respect of body woods, scratchplate materials, pickup covers, knobs etc, but the guitar itself looked pretty much the same (except they stopped using the slot-headed tuners, which was a shame, but that's just a little detail I liked).
    My Standard has slot-headed tuners 
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @Hattigol - cheers ...

@GrahamGuitar1 I have some SP6 Omnis due "soon" .. although given Covid they have been delayed quite a bit so I suspect they'll be another 4-6 weeks. 

Later this month I will also have an Oltre SP6 arriving which I custom spec'd. (FYI - The Oltre range is the latest line from Fano sitting between the old Standard range at the ADF guitars). It's Cadillac green NOS finish with RW Board - fitted with HB/S pickup setup.

Current Fano stock is here >> https://www.windmillguitars.com/collections/fano-guitars

Cheers Simon

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    @Hattigol - cheers ...

@GrahamGuitar1 I have some SP6 Omnis due "soon" .. although given Covid they have been delayed quite a bit so I suspect they'll be another 4-6 weeks. 

Later this month I will also have an Oltre SP6 arriving which I custom spec'd. (FYI - The Oltre range is the latest line from Fano sitting between the old Standard range at the ADF guitars). It's Cadillac green NOS finish with RW Board - fitted with HB/S pickup setup.

Current Fano stock is here >> https://www.windmillguitars.com/collections/fano-guitars

Cheers Simon

That PX6 is stunning...

https://www.windmillguitars.com/collections/fano-guitars/products/fano-alt-de-facto-px6-1
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    stonevibe said:
    Philly_Q said:
    My Standard has slot-headed tuners 
    Interesting, I've definitely seen pics of them with different tuners.  Maybe they just had supply problems for a while.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    edited June 2021
    I had a mojotone bridge pickup in my standard. The P90 was OEM though. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    @Hattigol - cheers ...

Cheers Simon

That PX6 is stunning...

https://www.windmillguitars.com/collections/fano-guitars/products/fano-alt-de-facto-px6-1
    Cheers @Hattigol - it was a bit of a dream spec to be honest lol I had a crazy thought one night and decided that a Px6 would be awesome done in a ‘junior’ esq finish .. complete with wear. The guitar has a Lollar firebird and P90 pickup set which is absolutely awesome to play. Even Graham at Fano that built it even wanted to hold onto it! 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)