SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fano Standard sp6

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Good spot - although that's a hefty price for a used one. Coda have one in that's new (although it's pretty heavily reliced) for the same price. It must have come in pretty recently, as I do check the Fano stuff out quite a bit lot.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GchipGchip Frets: 12
    For what it's worth, I have the JM6 standard - bull black, light wear, p90s, and it is a really great guitar. The standards are great value for money. I'd be surprised if one was for for sale at £680 as suggested above, but if that's genuine you could fly to Ireland to pick it up, have a couple of pints of Guinness, fly back, and still be a couple of hundred quid up on the deal.
    Gchip said:
    For what it's worth, I have the JM6 standard - bull black, light wear, p90s, and it is a really great guitar. The standards are great value for money. I'd be surprised if one was for for sale at £680 as suggested above, but if that's genuine you could fly to Ireland to pick it up, have a couple of pints of Guinness, fly back, and still be a couple of hundred quid up on the deal.

Yeah, that price is more what I'd expect from the Omnis range, used. Proper bargain if it's a Standard!
    Call me Dave.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23217
    Wow, prices have gone up.  When I traded in my Alt de Facto SP6 at Coda I think they sold it for £1,675 or thereabouts.  It was several years ago though.
  • harrisonlg81harrisonlg81 Frets: 229
    DB1 said:
    Good spot - although that's a hefty price for a used one. Coda have one in that's new (although it's pretty heavily reliced) for the same price. It must have come in pretty recently, as I do check the Fano stuff out quite a bit lot.

I bought this a few weeks ago and sent it back. It’s a lovely looking guitar but the pickups aren’t great, particularly the neck P90 which is exceptionally dark sounding.
  • harrisonlg81harrisonlg81 Frets: 229
    There’s a pre-owned black SP6 Standard on the GuitarGuitar website at the minute but the price is too high.
    DB1 said:

I bought this a few weeks ago and sent it back. It’s a lovely looking guitar but the pickups aren’t great, particularly the neck P90 which is exceptionally dark sounding.

Ah, yes, I remember it now! Surprised about the pickup sound, I must admit - I think I had Fano's own P90's in an RB6 and I'd have said that the sound was fat, not so much dark - in that guitar anyway. I have an Alt de Facto SP6 now, and the Lollars in it are very reminscent of a Tele (unsurprisingly) in the middle position, and warmer on the neck P90.
    Call me Dave.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    edited June 2021
    DB1 said:

I found the same with mine. Changing the metal cover for a plastic one greatly improved it. I generally thought it wasn’t that great for the prices they go for. Pretty average sounding.