Badger Blandford Flyer

What's Hot
Very VERY nice...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6253
    edited September 2013

Indeed, a very luverly slurp. A cold one is very nice when cooking the family dinner in a hot kitchen

:P
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's spooky, I was just about to post a thread about ale!

I've just had a bottle of Adnam's Broadside, and to be honest, I wasn't that impressed. Previously, I'd had one of my all-time favourites, Newcastle Brown, which never fails to hit the spot. I was shit-faced last night, so I'm not going mad tonight, but I've also had a bottle of Badger Poacher's Choice (better bag one soon, before all the Brocks get shot, eh?), Theakston's Old Peculiar (not really a fan, but seeing as it was there I drank it), and Sharp's Doom Bar (which is quite nice, and much nicer on tap).

But the best of all was still the London Pride. It somehow smells like London, probably because it reminds me of the time I spent there, and the taste just makes me drift off back into the past. Or it may be the alcohol, I'm not sure.

• Yeah Poachers Choice is lurrrvley, only problem is the missus likes it too.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Stinger is still the best brew they make......
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Used to do a lot of maintenance work at their brewery in Blandford, never liked their ales. It's a pity as hey are only 20 miles from me, but I tend to prefer the Cornish ales like Doom and Tribute.
  • Are there any decent real ales on sale in Scotland? I've only ever had canned stuff like McEwans, is it? Our bassist is from Glasgow, and assures me that it does exist, but I've never seen any in this corner or the world.

• Wow! I never knew this lot existed. We just don't see them down south.

• I quite like Adnams ales. And a lot of the Badger brewery output as well. Fullers are also OK especially 1845!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • By strange co incidence, I drove right past the Badger brewery Hall and Woodhouse gates an hour ago.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997

And what's double nice about the Blandford Flyer is that little hint of ginger means it goes really super-duper splendidly with a glass of malt whisky too.

Ah!

Alcoholic beverage bliss.

:)

• Used to be called Blandford Fly (look it up), no idea why they changed it to Flyer. Badger ales are not subtle, but that hit of ginger is sometimes nice.

I'm all about double-hopped American-style IPAs at the moment. Picked up a nice one from Tesco the other day, called "Proper Job" from Cornwall. Maybe not as hoppy as Sierra Nevada Torpedo or Punk IPA, but nice enough.
  • American? Really?

• Poachers Choice  3 for a fiver in Sainsburys, they had 12 on the shelf so it felt rude not to :hic:
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16999
    yeah, I have had a few beers with a hint of ginger recently.

I think i Had the Blandford Flyer last week.

I had some Sharp's Chalky's Bite recently which i thought was one of the most balanced flavoured beers i have ever drunk.  My father in law poured his down the sink.

I also quite like the Carling Zest ginger.  i get the stuff free from work  and normally give it away but the ginger one was good enough to keep so i actually have a low alcohol option available to me

I am loving the beer isles in Morrisons at the moment.  the choice seems to be getting better every week.  they always have something new and interesting to try.

Love most Sharp's stuff.  Doombar is great, but if you can get some Special it will blow your socks off.  They also do a connoisseur range including a Quadrupel which is the best thing I have ever drunk
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16999
    also.   Americans make the best beer

it pains me to say it, it really does.

they have been leading the way with craft beer for quite a few years now
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3368
    edited September 2013
    Have you seen the Iron Maiden 'trooper' beer in Morrisons? I just cannot bring myself to buy a bottle but the label is tre cool
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Just bought three bottles of each beer - not much choice in our local store but still nice.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

My wife has just returned with these three .. the one in the middle is called Reindeer Droppings ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12534
    Our local Budgens is doing deals on bottled beer at the moment, 3 for a fiver. I got some Badgers Golden Champion, luvverly !