Line6 price hike... what to get instead of a Stomp?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    tekbow said:
    Brio said:

tekbow said:
    That's ambitious. The HX stomp is great, but it's starting to show its age in terms of processing power.

When I bought my GT1000 core I was Getting asked if it was worth the £200 odd more that it cost, and I felt it was at the time.

Unless its went up in price too, I'd be calling it a no brainer now
    I shall check that out. Thanks.

Should say it depends what you want. I bought mine for wet FX and was genuinely blindsided by the amp modelling.

However if your priority is 'dozens of real world amp sims of specific amps and channels', what the boss does, as somebody here put it, is give you fewer and say 'here is a high gain amp model that sounds good for metal, has a Marshall flavour, but doesnt sound like any particular amp.

Personally, up against my SLO and Gower, I thought the models capable of high gain nailed it.

It's a whole thing with the GT1000, and it may or may not be to your taste.

The counter argument being unless you're intimately familiar with all of the HX's donor amps, how can you praise its accuracy?
    Which is better for Effects? Reverb, Delay, Trem in particular. 

I thought the modulation, reverb and delay was a fair bit better on the Boss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I should mention if anyone is interested in a 1000 CORE I'm considering upgrading to the big one so might sell mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    Meanwhile, peach have the full fat helix on sale for just over a grand.....
    https://www.peachguitars.com/line-6-helix-floor-tour-grade-guitar-processor.htm
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2904
    edited July 2021
    A few shops have the Helix LT at around £750 - that's looking like a pretty good buy right now! If it's still like that next month I might have to jump in with both feet rather than dabbling with the stomp again! Especially as it could easily replace my entire pedalboard with probably better effects too.
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    I should mention if anyone is interested in a 1000 CORE I'm considering upgrading to the big one so might sell mine.
    Price?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256
    edited July 2021
    So if the chips/parts are so scarce to come by for them why are they so cheap? Shop blowout? Surely they should be keeping them at a higher price due to the demand?
  • I would have a quick look on market place on Facebook I got mine recently for 270

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    According to guitar guitar the rrp  is £694 , I wonder if that a percentage on top of what the actual rrp is, nuts! Also must be false advertising? https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180927333060008--line-6-helix-hx-stomp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzfOc3Nf58QIVQ7DtCh3Kow8dEAQYCSABEgIB1PD_BwE