The Famous Harshness of the Blues Driver

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    Dave_Mc said:

I'm not sure whether it's in my head or not, but I always think I can "feel" Boss pedals in my chain- almost like a slight compression. I guess that would tally in with the "NQUG" thing?
    Yes, that could be another effect of it. It's definitely just a straight volume loss - with no compression or tone change - but small enough that you don't hear it as loss of volume, it's the psycho-acoustic result of that you hear, so it may appear different to different people.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Compression tends to even out volumes- or lower higher ones- so it may be that that's how I'm experiencing the slight volume drop. It feels like there's "something in the way", holding me back, kind of thing- at the really low home volumes I play at, that kind of thing can be quite noticeable!
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    I have a BCB-60 with five Waza Craft pedals and one standard Boss pedal, and I can’t hear a difference between the bypassed sound vs. plugged straight in—so whatever they’ve done to the buffers seems to have done the trick.