One of my old guitars at Essex Recording Studios!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    prowla said:
    So, to clarify, is the issue a question as to how much value being celebrity owned adds to an instrument?
    Is there another way of a guitar player choosing the very best instrument?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    prowla said:
    So, to clarify, is the issue a question as to how much value being celebrity owned adds to an instrument?
    Not for me.  I just started the thread because I thought it was cool that Andy Sneap bought one of my old guitars.  The price and the current location are incidental, really.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I thought the issue was that we are all jealous of his hot wife?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    Philly_Q said:
    prowla said:
    Not for me.  I just started the thread because I thought it was cool that Andy Sneap bought one of my old guitars.  The price and the current location are incidental, really.
    I kinda like the fact that even “pro” musicians buy 2nd hand stuff the same as we do !!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    Philly_Q said:
    prowla said:
    I kinda like the fact that even “pro” musicians buy 2nd hand stuff the same as we do !!
    But did a pro musician actually buy the ops guitar, or is the backstory all part of the mythology that generally surrounds every item being sold by Essex’s most elaborate storyteller? I know which ‘truth’ my money would be on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    prowla said:
    But did a pro musician actually buy the ops guitar, or is the backstory all part of the mythology that generally surrounds every item being sold by Essex’s most elaborate storyteller? I know which ‘truth’ my money would be on. 
    As I said earlier, it's definitely his guitar, there's a video link to him talking about it.  As for the white one which they're also selling (for £7k!) there are pictures of him playing it live.

Let me be 100% clear, I am not trying to promote Essex Recording Studios or suggesting anyone should buy anything from them, ever.  I just got a bit of a buzz out of finding one of my old guitars for sale, and learning that it was owned by someone that I hold in some degree of esteem.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    horse said:
    I thought the issue was that we are all jealous of his hot wife?
    and we don't get to snack on his Ferrari.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    Philly_Q said:
    As I said earlier, it's definitely his guitar, there's a video link to him talking about it.  As for the white one which they're also selling (for £7k!) there are pictures of him playing it live.

Let me be 100% clear, I am not trying to promote Essex Recording Studios or suggesting anyone should buy anything from them, ever.  I just got a bit of a buzz out of finding one of my old guitars for sale, and learning that it was owned by someone that I hold in some degree of esteem.

My apologies op I’d missed the provenance aspect earlier and wasn’t intending to insinuate that you were promoting Essex studios. I was only stating my opinion that I wouldn’t know where to start with the ‘truth’ of his claims. When it can be proved as you have, that’s cool -any link between players that you respect is always awesome. 
    @Teyeplayer apologies not needed, but thank you. :)