Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Missing youtuber case

What's Hot
This is big news in the states. 
Even if the fiancé is innocent you have to wonder why he went home without her

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58579717
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Or why he won’t talk to the police, which has the inevitable effect of making him look guilty of something. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    It says he's not talking on the advice of his lawyers, but it doesn't look great does it. If all was innocent it must be incredibly difficult to not start blurting out that you did nothing and what actually happened or that you don't know where she is. 

My wife was 25 minutes late getting back from school yesterday, and even though I knew she probably just took them to mcdonalds I started texting her saying are you okay? Heard an ambulance in the distance and thought that's my family about to be scooped up off the road. Then the car turned up and the kids got out with mcdonalds bags.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    I watched a fair few vanlife channels over lockdown and theres obviously a desperate push on some to film content and promote themselves so they can sustain that lifestyle via viewers ad revenue. That puts some people in a bad mental place, its obviously a congested market, and the clickbait titles of others dont help in that regard.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18756
    Obviously we can't know what has happened, but initially it doesn't sound right.
     I really can't understand how anyone would let her family go through a prolonged torment by looking after their own selfish interest.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    edited September 2021
    I read yesterday that police were called to an incident of domestic disturbance between the 2 of them, but no charges were filed and because of that they had to separate for a night. Seems like the couple had a bit of a tiff (which couples don't?).

I also read some comments linking her disappearance to the murder of a young couple at a campsite place where these 2 were staying around the same time...

Part of me thinks she's done something really bad and doesn't want to be found. And that his silence is to protect her. In any case I hope she's found alive and well.
  • The boyfriend has gone missing now. Hmmm
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    The Summer Wells case is intriguing as well. Now missing for 90 days.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    A couple more possibilities spring to mind:

1. He believes he’s committed the “perfect” crime hence his silence. 

2. She’s in hiding and this is all a publicity stunt for her YouTube Channel
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Body found. Very sad. How have the police managed to let the boyfriend go AWOL though?
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    presumption of innocence, no crime to charge him with.

Just because you are *sure* he has done something wrong does not mean you can detain him without reasonable suspicion or evidence.
    Simonh said:

Just because you are *sure* he has done something wrong does not mean you can detain him without reasonable suspicion or evidence.
    Yeh, I get that. But come on. At least have someone watching him.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Sad sad news. A young woman with her whole life ahead of her. Must be devastating for the family. 

• Lebarque said:
    Simonh said:

I think that the problem there is that watching someone ties up a fair amount of resource and I wonder how many other murder investigations are ongoin with that police department.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    People who followed her on social media are saying that her last posts are out of character, and not formatted in the way she would do so.
    It becomes really easy to put together a story where he's done something and then pretended to be her to make it all seem fine while he decides what to do.
    Add on to that he wouldn't say a word to police and is now missing, it's going to have to be a pretty wild tale it it turns out he is innocent.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    edited September 2021
    Whatever happened, it seems he knows something and he needs to come out of hiding and tell the police what he knows.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    If the police had enough evidence against the boyfriend they would’ve arrested and charged him, so presumably they only had suspicions rather than hard evidence at the time. It does look dodgy that he wouldn’t talk to the police on his return without her, but that could’ve been on legal advice. Looks bad for the police now of course but they’re shackled by the procedures of the system; rightly so some would argue. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    boogieman said:
    If the police had enough evidence against the boyfriend they would’ve arrested and charged him, so presumably they only had suspicions rather than hard evidence at the time. It does look dodgy that he wouldn’t talk to the police on his return without her, but that could’ve been on legal advice. Looks bad for the police now of course but they’re shackled by the procedures of the system; rightly so some would argue. 
    So he has talked to his lawyers and then obviously been informed he doesn't need to say anything as it is his amendment right to be silent.

However, I very much doubt his lawyer told him to disappear off the face of the earth.  That he did all on his own.
  • Sad news about finding the body. Hope they find him and get some answers. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being found as a body too though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Lebarque said:
    Simonh said:

This may be controversial - but be care with what liberties you give away. Do you really want the authorities to have the capability to track and monitor just because they *think* you may have done something wrong?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited September 2021
    boogieman said:
    So he has talked to his lawyers and then obviously been informed he doesn't need to say anything as it is his amendment right to be silent.

However, I very much doubt his lawyer told him to disappear off the face of the earth.  That he did all on his own.
    I didn’t say that’s what had actually happened, I said “it could have been on legal advice”. Obviously we don’t know. 

And sure, no reputable lawyer would tell his client to disappear if he was under suspicion of murder.