Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Missing youtuber case

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Simonh said:
    Lebarque said:
    Simonh said:
    presumption of innocence, no crime to charge him with.

Just because you are *sure* he has done something wrong does not mean you can detain him without reasonable suspicion or evidence.
    Yeh, I get that. But come on. At least have someone watching him.
    This may be controversial - but be care with what liberties you give away. Do you really want the authorities to have the capability to track and monitor just because they *think* you may have done something wrong?

It's not controversial, it's one of those opinion things people will never agree on. None of us want terrorists to be able to plot terrible acts, but unless there are ways of monitoring suspects they can continue to do so. It's tricky.

I'm in the camp of preferring privacy - but I'm under no illusions that I don't have any :) 

Hope all this gets solved and sorted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • francerfrancer Frets: 369
    I would suggest the circumstances of this case a very much fit the category of “reasonable suspicions”. Not guaranteed guilt of course, but how much more could he do to make himself look more guilty than he does already.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3671
    edited September 2021
    I gathered he has not absconded but gone into hiding as a raging lynch mob was on his doorstep.

All horrid.  And there are 90,000 similar cases not getting the same attention. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Simonh said:
    Lebarque said:
    Simonh said:
    presumption of innocence, no crime to charge him with.

Just because you are *sure* he has done something wrong does not mean you can detain him without reasonable suspicion or evidence.
    Yeh, I get that. But come on. At least have someone watching him.
    This may be controversial - but be care with what liberties you give away. Do you really want the authorities to have the capability to track and monitor just because they *think* you may have done something wrong?

It's not controversial, it's one of those opinion things people will never agree on. None of us want terrorists to be able to plot terrible acts, but unless there are ways of monitoring suspects they can continue to do so. It's tricky.

I'm in the camp of preferring privacy - but I'm under no illusions that I don't have any :) 

Hope all this gets solved and sorted. 
    I'm no fan of big brother, but I'm also not a fan of political correctness trumping common sense. My son's goldfish could've told you the boyfriend had something to hide.
  • tanihhiavlttanihhiavlt Frets: 659
    edited September 2021
    Lebarque said:
    I'm no fan of big brother, but I'm also not a fan of political correctness trumping common sense. My son's goldfish could've told you the boyfriend had something to hide.
    Stan Smith, is that you?
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5629
    edited September 2021
    He hasn't placed himself in a very positive light, it doesn't take much imagination at all to speculate on what might have happened.

Of course, speculation isn't proof.

I doubt he'll be AWOL for very long.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up with a toe tag, too

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Haych said:
    He hasn't placed himself in a very positive light, it doesn't take much imagination at all to speculate on what might have happened.

Of course, speculation isn't proof.

I doubt he'll be AWOL for very long.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up with a toe tag, too
    Yep. Top himself rather than face the consequences is my guess.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    edited September 2021
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    edited October 2021
    Switch625 said:
    Sad news about finding the body. Hope they find him and get some answers. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being found as a body too though.

Called it. His remains have been found:

Absolute coward and scumbag. Shame on the US authorities for not holding him in custody in the first place and allowing him to disappear.