Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
Do you have / have you had in the past something akin to a Pedaltrain Mini/nano size? What was on it? Let's have a look... 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• https://flic.kr/p/2i7TpE4

I’m on a Metro 20 at the moment, so I’ve got room for BB Preamp instead of the Red Dirt Mini (also allows for phaser, MIAB and comp on the top rail). 

I could pretty easily cope with this Nano+ board though to be honest - though I wish Xotic would make a BB Preamp in Nano size…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11890
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sadly I no longer have this setup :-(

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In a slightly embarrassing state of affairs I did just realise I can do this from my "spare" stash...

This will definitely be getting wired up later! 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    In a slightly embarrassing state of affairs I did just realise I can do this from my "spare" stash...

Very cool. Don't think I've heard a DSD-2 
    Red ones are better. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    edited October 2021

Mine from a couple of years back (gone to Helix now). Lovely Smorg board
  • TimmyO said:
    In a slightly embarrassing state of affairs I did just realise I can do this from my "spare" stash...

So, by "later" I meant 'now', only I modified it slightly since its just for at home. 

The DSD-2, from what I can tell, is the same circuit as the DD-2 (and by extension the early DD-3) but with the addition of a pretty fun sample/hold mode. It's very cool but I prefer analogue delays which is why its not on my main board. 

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    edited October 2021

I used this small board when I last played out live, a few gigs depping for some friends' Festi/Punk band three or four years ago.

L>R -  TC Alter Ego delay, TC MojoMojo overdrive, Xotic RC Booster, Boss BF-2 Flanger. For those gigs I augmented it with a volume pedal (in the insert loop between the MojoMojo and Alter Ego) and a Boss tuner before the board. Everything run off battery power - the tuner on its own battery, the board off the diy battery box shown. There's a GigRig Isolator top left that keeps all power isolated (good for when running off a wall wart).

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2289

Love the Cool Cat Tremolo!
    Here's mine, currently seeing use on dep gigs with a rock'n'roll band:

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5397
    My tiny board started out with all mini-pedals:
    • Mooer tuner
    • Blues Crab
    • Tubescreamer mini
    • Ibanez Analog Delay mini
    • ToneCity Tape Machine
    • Spark mini
    I don't have any pics of it in that configuration though.

For a while (2019) it ran like the below:

But now it gets chopped and changed around depending on what I need. Current incarnation is:

But there's an RV-6, DD-6 and a couple of other things that get swapped on/off depending.
    TimmyO said:

So, by "later" I meant 'now', only I modified it slightly since its just for at home. 

The DSD-2, from what I can tell, is the same circuit as the DD-2 (and by extension the early DD-3) but with the addition of a pretty fun sample/hold mode. It's very cool but I prefer analogue delays which is why its not on my main board. 

You clearly need a DM-2w!
  • Keefy said:

Love the Cool Cat Tremolo!
    I’ve not tried loads, but I’ve never found one I prefer to that for some reason. Got loads of options in the Helix and would much rather have that back!
  • Keefy said:
    TimmyO said:

There is no spoon. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    edited October 2021

It's *tiny* - a foot wide by six inches deep and two inches high, including the wah pedal, which still feels perfectly normal despite being only about half the length of my foot. So small it fits in the pocket of my gig bag, with space to spare.

Sounds brilliant too. I've reprogrammed the switches so it's basically overdrive/distortion on/off, modulation on/off and delay on/off just like a smaller version of the ME-50, or a pedalboard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^UnclePsychosis said:
    Keefy said:
    TimmyO said:

There is no spoon. 

Hmm, something seems familiar ^^^ (I am coveting the SD-2 btw, nice)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7787
    Nano+ 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987

I’m using a HX Effects at the moment but this set up worked pretty well. I liked the simplicity….Might need to get another El Capistan, and maybe another Broadcast…
    edited October 2021
    Nano+ 

That is + in every way!
    ^UnclePsychosis said:
    Keefy said:
    TimmyO said:

There is no spoon. 

Hmm, something seems familiar ^^^ (I am coveting the SD-2 btw, nice)

Kudos for phaser placement @Flanging_Fred !