NAD: Friedman Brown Eye

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    cool, i should be happy with a flick of a switch and a turn of the dials tomorrow then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    So I suppose the real question is; is it worth £3k?

I'm tempted by one, but it's just soooo pricey. 
    they are very pricey. i think that question is relative to the individual. 
    its too soon for me really but my initial thoughts were, oh i think i made a mistake buying this. yes its good but its not 2k better than the marshall. when i cranked it had the gig though i started to think otherwise, i was glad i got it and  i could hear and appreciate the tone more. as i say ive only gigged it once and not used it since so its too soon for me the give my "official' thoughts on it. i think the 2 reasons i was negative about it when i tried it at home was that i had hyped it up so much to myself and that i played it at really low volume haha. 
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 866
    edited August 2014
    Not quite the same, as I run an AFX - however I use a BE model quite a bit, and a Zilla cab.  Ive run aV30/G12H 30 aniv for ages, but recently swopped the G12H30  for the Creamback (G12H75) to better balance the power handling - and theres very little difference.  The V30/Creamback is better IMO than either on their own - and it suits the BE model really well.

• karltonekarltone Frets: 62
    firks91 said:
    well i used it last night. venue's sound wasnt great so i cant be too analytical but from what i could hear it has real balls! plenty of low end but its nice and tight. the overdrive is pretty much just what im after, proper ballsy crunch. theres a shite load of gain on tap too. if anything, its a tad hard not to have an aggressive gainy tone haha. its awesome though.

the clean seems very nice too although i think i have a bit of experimentation ahead of me. i liked the sound of the bright switch in the middle and took out bass and treble. sounded great but got a bit lost in the mix. perhaps i'll be better suited with the bright switch elsewhere. 

didnt try the other switches much. i prefer the voice switch and sat switch off for the BE channel. c45 needs more experimentation. 

im still thinking about a creamback/v30 mix or a pair of creambacks though.
    Which creambacks are thinking of G12M 65 or G12H 75's
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
    the g12h 75, that way it will pair with a v30 nicely. plus it just seems to sound nicely balanced between greenbacks and v30's
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    I'll get one eventually but not until they come down a bit......if they ever bloody do like!
    could be a while haha
    I think the Friedman cabs have the G12M 65 creamback when they use them, i like the V30/G12H mix myself. I tempted to try the G12H 75 creamback.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
    sted said:
    I'll get one eventually but not until they come down a bit......if they ever bloody do like!
    Could be a while  :D
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    i don't think the price will come down on new ones, there tends to be a period of hype with new amps but the BE100 has been around for about 5 years now and is only getting more popular.

• jester22jester22 Frets: 127
    Why don't you just mod a plexi to do it only need about 30 quids worth of components after all the be is just daves own version of his kitchen sink mod that he started using plexis as a starting point