I hate moaning about prices...but !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    I remember buying one of them brand new for £450 about 11 years ago
    I really regret not buying one when they were at these prices! I liked the Lite Ash teles they did as well, again they're pretty pricey to buy used these days too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3701
    Tannin said:
    I like the way that Reverb helpfully prints a price guide:

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
    Price Guide Estimated Value
    £396.98 - £495.28

Probably the US Dollar “going rate” which will be a round number directly converted to Sterling using their internal rate. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    Maybe we should all just stop buying guitars for a bit. ;) Like, a year or three. Everyone. And see how these people feel about their 'amazing prices' after that. 

But seriously: are people still paying high prices for commonplace, low- end guitars? Or have the appropriate price signals yet to make it through? 

I do find it amusing to read some of the sales spiel people create to try and sell low-end guitars. For example, the descriptions on the website for Life Guitars, Exeter. 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18813
    TTBZ said:
    I remember buying one of them brand new for £450 about 11 years ago
    I really regret not buying one when they were at these prices! I liked the Lite Ash teles they did as well, again they're pretty pricey to buy used these days too.
    Having compared them both back to back, I'd take a Lite Ash over a Baja anytime.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5458
    drofluf said:
    Tannin said:
    I like the way that Reverb helpfully prints a price guide:

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
    Price Guide Estimated Value
    £396.98 - £495.28

Probably the US Dollar “going rate” which will be a round number directly converted to Sterling using their internal rate. 
    Sure. But the point here is that Reverb themselves state, on the very page which contains the listing, that the going rate is half the advertised price