0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1351
    Awesome, thanks! Gonna have to rip the audio to listen to in the car now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited August 2014
    No worries man :-)

Just been using it to relearn some parts from years ago, nice to see where the tab is wrong (not to mention my memory!)

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Sir psycho sexy outro with all the little fills. How many hours I've wasted on that masterpiece.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Superb find :) Classic album
    All practice and no theory
  • Some damn fine guitar tones in there, yes.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Listened to this then Stadium Arcadium today.. Thanks for the heads up @thisisguitar
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

edited August 2014
    The Stadium Arcadium ones are good, I have both discs with just guitar and bass isolated on them… very handy in my line of work!

You're all welcome guys, couldn't not share.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73116
    Interesting! Even though I don't really need to know the parts for any reason.

BSSM is actually my least favourite of the Frusciante Chilis albums though. Not sure why.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24893
    The Stadium Arcadium ones are good, I have both discs with just guitar and bass isolated on them… very handy in my line of work!

You're all welcome guys, couldn't not share.
    I'd love to listen to the bass one if you have it?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

edited August 2014
    @fretmeister - It's guitar and bass, not bass in isolation

Like this one - 
  • MazzaGMazzaG Frets: 82
    It's absolutely without a doubt my favourite album of all time. I've dedicated hours of practice learning it note for note and there's some truly incredible parts, not just the guitar either.

I REALLY recommended you watch the Funky Monks documentary, its wonderfully filmed and documents the recording of the album.

Some random fun facts:

-The guitar on the song Funky Monks was recorded unplugged with a mic close to the strings.
    -Drummer Chad Smith was the only member who wouldn't sleep at the mansion because of its reputation for being haunted.
    -'My Lovely Man' is about Hillel Slovak (deceased original guitarist).

Sorry, I'm a tad obsessed....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Did JF use a fretless strat on some of the songs? Another tale I heard along the years.
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Loved that album as a young man :))) it was the only release at the time that turn my head away from my beloved 60s & 70s vinyl.
  • MazzaGMazzaG Frets: 82
    Deadman;325930" said:
    Did JF use a fretless strat on some of the songs? Another tale I heard along the years.
    Yeah the fretless was used on the Mellowship Slinky bridge section and the solo for Suck My Kiss. Footage of him using it in that doc!
  • I remember that Funky Monks film being on the telly (or maybe I borrowed it from somebody). Loved the bit with the ad hoc percussion in Breaking the Girl, that and the mutton chop contest are what my brain decided to retain throughout the years!

Saw them live when they toured that album, with Rollins Band supporting, not too shabby.
  • BodBod Frets: 1351
    My favourite bit in Funky Monks is where Flea is working on the bassline for Give It Away and Rubin steers it into what ended up on the track. It really demonstrates the value of a good producer.
  • Gonna have to watch it again, will have to schedule an hour off from my endless GAS questing...
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7395
    Really interesting to hear in isolation, some if the parts sound really abstract without the bass
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    MazzaG said:
    Deadman;325930" said:
    Yeah the fretless was used on the Mellowship Slinky bridge section and the solo for Suck My Kiss. Footage of him using it in that doc!
    So it was true.
    I still have Funky Monks on VHS. It was my most watched vid back in the day. I so wanted to be a Chili Pepper.
    :D
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    RHCP without JF is just... not the same. Y'know when a personality departs a band, even though their replacement may sound the same you still have that "but it's not John Frusciante" in the back of the mind. JF is the man I always associate to the guitarring of RHCP even when Navarro was in the band... 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/