Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

EBay £1 selling fees - still a thing?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I have received a new type of offer (to me at least) from ebay, which is: I need to buy an item by 29th Nov - then ebay will give me maximum £1 selling fees on up to 3 listings from the 6th Dec for 4 days only.

I think they can go and take a run and a jump!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited January 2022
    What offers have you all had today please guys?

Crappy 70% off for me, as usual :-(

I'm guessing £1, £2 or £3 fixed fee deals have been lavished out elsewhere though as the flippers have relisted all their perennially unsold bedroom hoardings this morning as ever.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    70% here too.
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    70% off for me too.

I nearly got stung by a similar offer for a listing that I had up there for a few months.  Be aware that the offer only applies if you sell within a month, so if your listing is indefinite and it sells after that you'll get charged full FVF.  I messaged them and they kindly refunded the fees, but I feel it wasn't explained clearly in the first place.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    edited January 2022
    found this on HUKD, might come in handy for folks taking up the (shitty) 70% offer

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Even with fees I always make more on ebay than I do anywhere else. I really dont understand what people get so upset about. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Also worth noting is that you now pay an additional 3% on the total sales amount above £2500 on any single item ..
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    Even with fees I always make more on ebay than I do anywhere else. I really dont understand what people get so upset about. 

I think it's because they don't take their fees straight away. People get the sale money and spend it, then weeks later a bill comes out of PayPal for the fees.
    Unless it's changed now.
  • DefaultM said:
    Even with fees I always make more on ebay than I do anywhere else. I really dont understand what people get so upset about. 

I think it's because they don't take their fees straight away. People get the sale money and spend it, then weeks later a bill comes out of PayPal for the fees.
    Unless it's changed now.
    Pretty sure they take the fees directly now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532

100% agree
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 834
    I've been using eBay for about 20 years, and although I'd rather pocket 100% of my sale money, I think eBay is quite good value - especially with the current 70% off offers!  Considering that it gives my items more exposure than most other locations and in turn increase my sale prices, I'm quite happy to pay. Most shops who offer commission sales want 30-40% on top of your target price which either pushes the price up to an unrealistic amount or eats into your money by quite a chunk.
    I appreciate some people will find eBay charges too high and if that's the case sell elsewhere, but it's fine by me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 426
    edited January 2022
    Not sure why but I haven't had a single promotional offer since August 2021. 

Does this seem normal? If I'd had known it would be this long initially I would have just sold the items as needed. But now I have quite a backlog of stuff, it's definitely worth my while to wait for a promo
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    Not sure why but I haven't had a single promotional offer since August 2021. 

Does this seem normal? If I'd had known it would be this long initially I would have just sold the items as needed. But now I have quite a backlog of stuff, it's definitely worth my while to wait for a promo
    I have to manually check my eBay messages.  I don't get notified of offers for some reason.
    Is there a cheap listing deal on all week this week?

Loads more stuff than usual has been added on a daily basis and there's placeholders left, right & centre. 
  • Received the £2 offer yesterday, valid until Monday.  In recent weeks I've had the 80% fee discount too.  They're both excellent value, especially when you consider that there are no PayPal fees to pay now.
    No PayPal fee's? Sorry what? Its been some time since I've done anything with ebay 
  • thetomsk said:
    Received the £2 offer yesterday, valid until Monday.  In recent weeks I've had the 80% fee discount too.  They're both excellent value, especially when you consider that there are no PayPal fees to pay now.
    No PayPal fee's? Sorry what? Its been some time since I've done anything with ebay 
    Yes, eBay now administer all the payments themselves.  You just register an account with them, just like you did with PayPal.  Payment takes a day or two, but there are no fees.  I just had 80% off fees last weekend, expired yesterday.  Cost me £2.30 fees on a £78 pound sale.
    StefB said:
    Is there a cheap listing deal on all week this week?

Loads more stuff than usual has been added on a daily basis and there's placeholders left, right & centre. 
    Bump.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2197
    I think you need to buy stuff to get the seller discount.....
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1410
    Not sure about that. I regularly buy bits but have "only" got the 70% offer. I'd guess that it's linked to keeping the acc updated with functioning bank details, contacts etc, but will no soubt be corrected by someone soon...
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    I got 2 offers right after adding my banking details, first was 80% second %70, handy to move a few projects i had kicking around that i'll never get to,just under £8 in fees for about £300 worth of sales...thing is Ebay are holding the money for 2 weeks dispite me having over 1000 poditive feedback for both buying and selling and in 2021 i sold about £2k worth of stuff without any issues and they didn't hold a penny of it....i can only think their new system doesn't take into account prior/pre Ebay handling funds....not very clever is it., also funny that they want a CC/Bank on file to take their fee's directly before items are even paid for while still holding your money.