SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1987 (Slash Year) Gibson LP std.

What's Hot
FretboredFretbored Frets: 60
edited January 2023 in Guitars £

Update: Have since pulled the neck pickup and can confirm that it is a TIM SHAW.

FS: '87 (Slash Year Amanda Knox Birth Year Guitar!) LP std. (std stands for standard)

https://imgur.com/a/mZx5ktH

OMG, this truly is the Holy Grail!” said Harrison Ford to Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Anyway, enough reminiscing about ‘80’s blockbuster hits, and onto guitars. This is a guitar forum. Incidentally this guitar is 2 years older than that film, and still manages to look a lot younger than Harrison Ford. Perhaps it truly wasn’t the Holy Grail after all, eh Indy.

The tonal palette is complex and fruity and it exudes a lush scent; emitting viscous, vanilla overtones. The sensation of feeling the vibrations through the wood, excites one like only old-growth can (maybe I should lay off the blue pills). The guitar excels in most classic genres of music such as rock, blues, jazz, tap, ballet, modern, dubstep, shoegaze (whatever the F@%K that is), mathcore and Carol Voderman. For those concerned with environmental matters, it’s sustainability, or ability to sustain, exceeds that of Swampy’s.

There are no breaks or cracks. It's got a one piece body and a three piece top. I don’t have any decent Jimmy Nails, but I’m guessing it’s about 10 IBs. The frets appear to be all original, and still have plenty of life left in them. They get up every morning and walk the dog, and then attend a Zumba class before I've even got out of bed! There are some light scratches and the finish is slightly sinking into the mahogany grain at the back, which looks pretty nice. I was told by the last owner that the pickups are original and Tim Shaw’s. Needless to say, Tim hasn’t asked for them back in almost 35 years, so I think I’ll leave them in there. Regardless of whom they belong to, they sound amazing! It’s missing the pickup covers and pickguard. Of course I totally understand if this would prevent anyone from ever buying it. It also comes in a non-original TKL case. I’ve managed to trace it’s history back to the original owner who was a jazz session guitarist in New York (the guitar that is, not the case). I can provide emails to the buyer that corroborate this. Not that it adds anything to the value. I just like to know the stories attached to an instrument. I guess it makes me feel like I’m Joe Bonamassa. I don’t know why that matters, because I don’t particularly like his music. 

If you want, you’re welcome to come and try it out over a period correct, vintage carton of Um Bongo, or locally sourced can of żubr (subject to the current supply chain logistics situation), or I might be able to drive it to you, and I could bring the guitar along too. Any couriers I’d rather leave for the buyer to arrange.

Feel free to message me with questions!

What else is there to say? It’s black - Black is cool! It’s a Les Paul - Les Paul’s are cool! And, if you don’t think you get on with Les Pauls, then I pity you… You’re pathetic…. You should buy this guitar! It’s WITHDRAWN

Anyway, why did you read the ad if you don’t get on with Les Pauls?…. You’re sick! 

Buy the guitar.

It will heal you.

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments