Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ever seen a band / artist you didn't appreciate more at the time...?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    We went to see 'A perfect Circle' supporting Deftones at Wembley Arena. Picked up the flyer for the gig at a previous APC gig. At the time we just went to see APC, stayed for about two Deftones songs and went for a curry. Sometime after that I became a massive Deftones fan, haven't seen them since. A bit gutted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    I saw Bark Psychosis live in '94, circa the release of the Hex LP, where they toured with the bolexbrothers fim, The Secret Adventures Of Tom Thumb (Svankmajer-insoired stop-motion animation) instead of a support band.  They played in one of the main lecture theatres of UEA, so it was fully seated, and honestly, just a a bit weird.  I enjoyed the film, but just couldn't get into BP...the choice of venue really didn't help, as it just reminded me of the hours I'd spent sitting through extremely dull animal physiology lectures.  There were maybe one or two dozen people in the audience.  Deathly quiet.  I bailed and went to the pub after maybe 15-20 minutes.

Hex is now one of my favorite albums of all time, and I've long regretted not sticking with them that night.  
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2950
    Dave Swarbrick on his own playing Southsea bandstand. Never heard of him at the time. That soon changed.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    My best mate worked for HMV and got us free tickets for Mudhoney at the Bristol Bierkeller back in 1989. The Seattle grunge scene was just about to explode but I was more interested in getting drunk and having a good time than listening to the music. The gig was awesome. Became a big fan a few years later.