SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(SORTED) - HSS Superstrat

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3390
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
I'm in the market for one of these and my preference was for a Tom Anderson when I originally posted this as I had a Drop Top in the 90s and stupidly sold it as I needed the funds. Whilst I would've also considered a Levinson Blade, Xotic, Grosh, Schecter Custom Shop, Charvel GG or even a high end Fender, my budget circumstances have changed and so I've edited the post and now need to work with a budget of £1K or less.

Here's my brief: -
  • A Strat design with trem (Gotoh or the like) and locking machine heads but NO Floyd Roses or Kahlers or locking nuts
  • HSS pickup configuration on a 5-way selector (coil tap on HB optional) and nothing super hot
  • I play funk, pop, Classic Rock and AOR rock and so something versatile that works well for those genres and with effects. Think Paul Jackson Jr, Neal Schon, Lukather, Dann Huff and that 'LA thing'
  • I prefer Rosewood or ebony fretboard & want 22 frets and not a fan of stainless steel frets but may consider a maple fretboard if the other stuff is right
  • USA made or MIJ but let's see what's out there
  • Colours - I like Black, Olympic White, Lake Placid Blue but nothing lurid
As something different and an SSS pickup configuration, a Fender MIM Robert Cray Stratocaster in Inca Silver would be great.

This is the sort of look I'm after -  @Haych and @octatonic, I hope it's ok to use your old pics and these are Tom Anderson, which are out of my budget but you get the idea

https://i.imgur.com/eielXEu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9B1al0S.jpg - yep, a maple fretboard on this one

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments