SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(SORTED) - HSS Superstrat

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3390
    Anything doing bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • RebarRebar Frets: 139
    An original Strat Ultra in Firestorm Red perhaps? 
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 320
    PM'd
    uksaint7 said:
    PM'd
    Responded - thanks
    Rebar said:
    An original Strat Ultra in Firestorm Red perhaps? 
    Not for me thanks and probably outside of the budget stated.
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    I've got an Ibanez AZ224F that I've been thinking about selling. I realise it doesn't tick every single box on your list, but let me know if you think you might be interested.

Specs here: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/AZ224F (it's the blue one)
    rich75 said:
    I've got an Ibanez AZ224F that I've been thinking about selling. I realise it doesn't tick every single box on your list, but let me know if you think you might be interested.

Specs here: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/AZ224F (it's the blue one)
    Thanks and not for me :)
  • I have a Jackson Adrian smith upgraded with a rare figured fingerboard 
    edited February 2022
    Sorted now with this wonderful Rob Williams Custom. If it looks familiar, it's had a couple of owners on the Forum.

Early impressions are that it surpasses the Suhrs I've had and is up there with the Tom Anderson Drop Top I once had and the Tyler, although the latter's neck was too big for my woosy hands ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 946
    Very nice!
  • gorgeous but needs a floyd and gold covered hum for my tastes... lol
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    edited February 2022
    gorgeous but needs a floyd and gold covered hum for my tastes... lol
    This is my old 'un and I mentioned the gold covered hum to Cos too together with white single coils - if I didn't have the need to raise some cash and have not sold it to my besty forum buddy I would have done that to it.

The trem - you would be pleasantly surprised as to how well that Wilkinson performs - I have Floyd equipped guitars too and this one easily kept up - actually probably performed better...

Its a belter of a guitar that one and will be sorely missed in Welshboyo Towers for certain - it took Cos a while to pry it out of my grip!!!

Oh and apologies for the lairy coloured Welsh Blanket.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I just cannot trust a wang bar without a locking nut... call me heavy handy or old school but I just cannot... there is a trend towards this lately.... Charvel GG model, Music Man JP/Luke guitars...   they must work but I guess you have to really lube the nut etc..   I'm too heavy handed with dives and pull ups to trust it..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    I just cannot trust a wang bar without a locking nut... call me heavy handy or old school but I just cannot... there is a trend towards this lately.... Charvel GG model, Music Man JP/Luke guitars...   they must work but I guess you have to really lube the nut etc..   I'm too heavy handed with dives and pull ups to trust it..
    This and my Luke I could hold up by the trem arm and it would never ever stray from tune....my Axis (with Floyd!) however, constantly needs tweaks mid gig to tuning
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2022
    Thanks Wayne @welshboyo and visiting rights are available as I know how much you like this one.

As to the trem, Wayne has set it up beautifully. It's got great, smooth travel and and whilst very reactive, it's not ultra-sensitive when leaning/reasting on it.

I've had Floyds, Kahlers and various trems with locking tuners and this one surpasses the lot although the one on my EBMM Albert Lee is very good, too. It doesn't go out of tune, even after Vai-isms and the like and then you haven't got what's for me, the bother of a locking nut and the faff of changing strings. The Wilkinson is a winner and I'd like to try the revised version with locking saddles that Pete Thorn was talking about and had installed on his Suhr PT.

Edit: Listen to what Lukather can do with his EBMM Trem and no locking nut.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder then if it's just the modern 2pt charvels that are suffering this bad press..  It all stems from years of "ping" from strat trems..
    My trading feedback

• EvoEvo Frets: 325
    I wonder then if it's just the modern 2pt charvels that are suffering this bad press..  It all stems from years of "ping" from strat trems..
    That surprises me, I had 2 of the new style Charvels (a dk24 and the t-style) and both had tuning issues which were solved by replacing the string tree. 

I didn't think the GG had a string tree, so that blows that theory out the water.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3149
    Kebabkid said:
    Sorted now with this wonderful Rob Williams Custom. If it looks familiar, it's had a couple of owners on the Forum.

Early impressions are that it surpasses the Suhrs I've had and is up there with the Tom Anderson Drop Top I once had and the Tyler, although the latter's neck was too big for my woosy hands ;)

I’ve seen that around before, one of the nicest quilt tops I’ve seen. Nice job Cos
    Stevepage said:
    Kebabkid said:

I’ve seen that around before, one of the nicest quilt tops I’ve seen. Nice job Cos
    Thanks Steve and hope your Brunetti is delivering for those talented fingers