Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Sherwood Green Stratocaster

What's Hot
I've had some serious GAS this week for a Sherwood Green Strat. The GAS may pass by next week, but just wondering if anyone out there has one? Preferably Custom Shop. Even if you aren't thinking of selling, I'd happily see some nice photos.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I am chasing a sherwood green strat as well for the last few years. Please find one for me too:)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There’s a cheaper one on eBay at the moment as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    How about a Tele?
  • That guitar is stunning 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Probably not what you're looking for but there's an FSR Squier on ebay and Gumtree at the moment. Classic Vibe 50s with matching headstock. It sold on eBay for £190 last week then appeared on Gumtree for £300, same pics, though it's also back on eBay. Not sure if it's a flipper or someone let them down on the original sale but I'd been sorely tempted myself at £200!
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7357
    dunno how strict on colour but protone have a lovely custom shop strat in but it says British racing green; which to my untrained eye looks like the same thing or as near as damn it
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan82DareDan82Dare Frets: 48
    edited January 2022
    LPManic said:
    I've had some serious GAS this week for a Sherwood Green Strat. The GAS may pass by next week, but just wondering if anyone out there has one? Preferably Custom Shop. Even if you aren't thinking of selling, I'd happily see some nice photos.
    Probably a shade darker than Sherwood green but there’s this custom shop in my local store. Looks fab in the British racing green over candy apple red and I’ve actually played this guitar and it plays wonderfully well. Depends if you like the slightly relic’d stuff

Check out Protones in Liverpool 
    I’m sure he can do you a deal on the price

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1153
    Ah guys! Amazing leads...! Let's see what happens...
    edited January 2022
    CS in Protone already sold.... I am genuinely heartbroken! Look at that board! But that is another green Fender colour that is very interesting.
  • Dan82DareDan82Dare Frets: 48
    edited January 2022
    LPManic said:
    CS in Protone already sold.... I am genuinely heartbroken! Look at that board! But that is another green Fender colour that is very interesting.
    Sold? It’s on the website as in stock?
    Sorry bro 

Yea I prefer this colour over the Sherwood green

Good Luck
  • tony99 said:
    dunno how strict on colour but protone have a lovely custom shop strat in but it says British racing green; which to my untrained eye looks like the same thing or as near as damn it
    I was typing the same message up when you sent this  =)
    Dan82Dare said:
    LPManic said:
    Sold? It’s on the website as in stock?
    Sorry bro 

Yea I prefer this colour over the Sherwood green

Good Luck
    Yeah it is sold. Website not updated. Spoke to the guys there this morning. 
  • Rad Guitars in Cheshire have a couple of CS Strats in Sherwood Green on their website at the moment. Never dealt with them before, but they were at the Guitar Show in Crewe back in the Autumn with some nice looking things...
  • Just spotted this thread! It's long gone, but here's an American Vintage '59 Sherwood Green Strat I sold to a fellow forum member not long after joining TFB. It was a great guitar, I just have a love/hate relationship with Strats, so decided to let it go!

https://i.imgur.com/sCHSUpB.jpg
    @timeline88 That really is the Strat I have in mind!
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    This thread is great. I’m after a Sherwood Green strat. That green over red is gorgeous too. My first ever guitar that I still have today is a Fenix Strat with a Sherwood green finish over the original red so I would probably have bought this one if not sold out!!
  • LPManic said:
    @timeline88 That really is the Strat I have in mind!
    I've never had a Custom Shop Fender to know how much of a step-up in quality there is but I thought that Strat was really well built and I've got an AV65 Jazzmaster which is brilliant too.