Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Sherwood Green Stratocaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1153
    edited January 2022
    Still thinking about that Protone Strat. Just that shade of green (at least in the photos) is just perfect. So silly that we (or I) obsess over stupid details. Would have loved to have played some Rory riffs on that! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JoeMcJoeMc Frets: 54
    I nearly had a swap deal for a real nice looking CS 59 in Sherwood Green last month, but the guy ended up selling it to 20th Century Toys I think.. might be worth asking there, although I can’t see it on the website yet.. 

https://imgur.com/a/lHAAVTx
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    LPManic said:
    Still thinking about that Protone Strat. Just that shade of green (at least in the photos) is just perfect. So silly that we (or I) obsess over stupid details. Would have loved to have played some Rory riffs on that! 
    It's funny the way these things go.  I've a feeling that Strat was up for sale on here a while ago and the chap had to reduce the price quite a bit because no-one seemed to want it.
    thebreeze said:
    LPManic said:
    It's funny the way these things go.  I've a feeling that Strat was up for sale on here a while ago and the chap had to reduce the price quite a bit because no-one seemed to want it.
    You’re not wrong. All about timing I guess! Ah well. The hunt continues.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 830
    Any interest in a Levinson Blade bodied / Warmoth full rosewood neck thing that looks very similar to the pics posted, not sure of the exact colour though, stainless frets and Sperzels too, currently has a set of Alegree Texas Hailstorm pickups it it, but I also have a set of Bareknuckle Apaches in a different plate.
    Probably looking for something like £650 posted for it.
    PM me for e-mail and I can send you some pics.
    Laters.
    andy k
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 210
    edited January 2022
    I've got two sherwood green strats and both fir sale. An american vintage with the thin skin finish which in excellent condition just a couple very small marks and a custom shop journeyman with ancho poblanos. They're in storage for now whilst i move flat but will be put up for sale here as soon as thats done. 
  • LPManic said:
    That strat had been there for a while as well! 
    Sod’s law 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    edited January 2022
    I might have a 2021 journeyman relic 1963 for sale soon. As I'm currently considering whether to keep another strat. I'm based in Portugal, but flexible on price. I'll try to take some photos soon.
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 263
    Just spotted this thread! It's long gone, but here's an American Vintage '59 Sherwood Green Strat I sold to a fellow forum member not long after joining TFB. It was a great guitar, I just have a love/hate relationship with Strats, so decided to let it go!

https://i.imgur.com/sCHSUpB.jpg
    That’ll be me! It’s a great guitar! 
    marxski said:
    Just spotted this thread! It's long gone, but here's an American Vintage '59 Sherwood Green Strat I sold to a fellow forum member not long after joining TFB. It was a great guitar, I just have a love/hate relationship with Strats, so decided to let it go!

https://i.imgur.com/sCHSUpB.jpg
    That’ll be me! It’s a great guitar! 
    Looks fantastic!
    brooom said:
    I might have a 2021 journeyman relic 1963 for sale soon. As I'm currently considering whether to keep another strat. I'm based in Portugal, but flexible on price. I'll try to take some photos soon.
    Well keep in touch and feel free to send photos any time!
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    Will try to take some this weekend.
    Thanks @jimmyguitar !

I see that Coda are now running new 2022 Cadillac Green Strats

https://www.coda-music.com/fender-custom-shop-roasted-55-strat-cadillac-green-r113744.html

About a grand too much for my budget but another nice green. 
  • thebreeze said:
    LPManic said:
    ^^ This in spades! Several people in this thread say they want to buy a Sherwood Green Strat, but iirc when there’s one for sale on here it hangs around for ages and seems to be very hard to shift - I can only assume, all other things being equal, that’s because of the colour! 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/