In this thread, we play both types of music...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Gives me such a huge case if Imposter Syndrome, trying to pass myself off as a guitarist or musician when there are people with this kind of talent doing it for real.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3934
    edited January 2022
    Could easily be Chris Scruggs.  Lovely.  The pedal steel is great too.

Much as metal is my go-to, I love a bit of Outlaw Country, Robbie Fulks, BR5-49, etc. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 3023
    edited January 2022
    Gives me such a huge case if Imposter Syndrome, trying to pass myself off as a guitarist or musician when there are people with this kind of talent doing it for real.
    You're too kind but don't be hard on yourself! Music is supposed to be fun and I think we all have imposter syndrome from time to time! My main takeaway from learning guitar in the Internet age is it doesn't matter how good you are, there is an 8 year old that is 'better' than you! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59 said:
    Basically if it comes from Nashville these days it’s hip hop with an American accent and called Country. Anywhere else if it sounds like Country music it’s no longer country it’s Americana. 
    That’s why I call my show The Country show, like Rock, there are a lot of different sub divisions and same with Country. Such as Red Dirt, Country Swing. 
    That music just played, (which I love by the way and will play it on my show next Tuesday if that’s ok?) is more Bakersfield country, like the Buck Owens, Merle Haggard and Dwight Yoakam influences. 
    Great playing. 
    There are some good new guys coming out of Nashville, you just have to search through the crap.
    Have you heard Charley Crocketts new album, Music City USA?
    Charles Crocket from Texas? Seriously lots of great Country out there, just ignore Nashville mainstream crap.
    will send link to latest show. 
  • Could easily be Chris Scruggs.  Lovely.  The pedal steel is great too.

Much as metal is my go-to, I love a bit of Outlaw Country, Robbie Fulks, BR5-49, etc. 
    Robbie Fulks has a great song about Nashville., ;~} 
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 815
    Beautiful effortless music.
  • @Panama_Jack666 ;https://abbey104.com/play-it-again
    gives you an idea of the country music I play.