Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You know you're boring when...

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24376
    Jeez, guys, c'mon. We're not even out of the first page yet!
    It's a line from a Python song.   Besides, he started it :lol: 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    ...you get a couple of new toys delivered, but the keyboard puts more of a smile on your face than the 27" quad-HD monitor.

Having recently bought a 27" 4K Display, I'd be interested to know what you went for...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26647
    edited January 2022
    Gulliver said:
    ...you get a couple of new toys delivered, but the keyboard puts more of a smile on your face than the 27" quad-HD monitor.

Having recently bought a 27" 4K Display, I'd be interested to know what you went for...
    Samsung LS27A600NWUXXU - snappy name, right?

Took a while to get it configured exactly right (particularly the sharpness control), but now it's in it's spot on. I certainly wouldn't want a 4k display, because it'd play merry hell when combined with the (lower) DPI on the other two monitors.

As it is, QHD on 27" is pretty close to the pixel density of the 2048x1152 23.8" monitors I have either side - 107 vs 98, I think.
    <space for hire>
  • Emp_Fab said:
    It's a line from a Python song.   Besides, he started it :lol: 
    I realise I'm not doing this right, but...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2932
    £100 for a keyboard.  What does it do?

You're aware you're on a guitar forum where people spend £4k on a CS strat that is functionally and aesthetically identical to a £100 Squier.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Gulliver said:

Took a while to get it configured exactly right (particularly the sharpness control), but now it's in it's spot on. I certainly wouldn't want a 4k display, because it'd play merry hell when combined with the (lower) DPI on the other two monitors.

As it is, QHD on 27" is pretty close to the pixel density of the 2048x1152 23.8" monitors I have either side - 107 vs 98, I think.
    I'm considering adding a portrait QHD next to my 4K to stop the resolution thing being such an issue.  However my 4K is an Asus Pro Art, because I wanted colour accuracy.  The 1440p monitor is less than £100 under the cost of the 4K, so at that point a second 4K feels like a better value for money.  Then I need only worry about if my mac could handle two 4K displays!!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27126
    edited January 2022
    @thumpingrug ;

Mine does fancy colours, though I don't actually use them like that as it's quite distracting. More importantly, it's also about the nicest keyboard you'll ever type on, which is really nice if you type a lot. 

https://i.imgur.com/caTsvAY.mp4

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Gulliver said:

thatys one area where windows actually does a better job than linux.,.,at least fedora..i run my 4k monitor on QHD in linux but have it 4k on wiundows. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Gulliver said:
    Gulliver said:

I'm considering adding a portrait QHD next to my 4K to stop the resolution thing being such an issue.  However my 4K is an Asus Pro Art, because I wanted colour accuracy.  The 1440p monitor is less than £100 under the cost of the 4K, so at that point a second 4K feels like a better value for money.  Then I need only worry about if my mac could handle two 4K displays!!
    For what it's worth, my displays (deliberately) have different colour profiles, to reflect the different uses I generally have for them. Takes a little while to get used to, but once you do...it's a) cheaper, and b) actually more usable.
    <space for hire>
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Don't need much encouragement to share mine. It is noisy as hell and deeply impractical

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited January 2022
    when you can remember the days when you actually repaired k/bs  by replacing individual key switches 

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited January 2022
    Having an Ultrawide monitor (plus another 2560x1440), a mechanical keyboard and a decent mic has made working from home life SO much easier.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24423
    Gulliver said:
    Gulliver said:

I've got a 4K main monitor and a portrait 1080 next to it.

Works great!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14491
    Emp_Fab said:
    It's a line from a Python song.  :lol: 
    For the benefit of younger readers, "Python" is not a reference to the programming language. It is a contraction of Monty Python's Flying Circus. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11796
    Bidley said:

You're aware you're on a guitar forum where people spend £4k on a CS strat that is functionally and aesthetically identical to a £100 Squier.
    The keyboard has "mojo" and has been authentically manufactured to as similar as possible to a keyboard Eric Clapton typed something racist on while high on coke in the 70s?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7778
    Bidley said:

Jog on jealous Squire players :) 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11796
    edited January 2022
    Bidley said:

Jog on jealous Squire players  
    Guys guys...

No need to fight.

Coldplay can "Fix You"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4V3Mo61fJM
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18849
    edited January 2022
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18849
    edited January 2022
    Bidley said:

Jog on jealous Squire players  
    Are Squire players better or worse at jogging than Squier players?
    PS sorry for the thread derailment  :/
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2932
    Bidley said:

Jog on jealous Squire players :) 

I own a Squier, and a £120 keyboard... I'm conflicted :)