The Chris De Burgh Appreciation Thread.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The cockney version ... around 3.40 ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IslandapeIslandape Frets: 64
    edited August 2014
    Shortly after starting to go out with my now wife her best friend told me how she and four mates ended up at a CDB concert.

It was my wife's turn to organise the girlie day out which was traditionally day's shopping ending with a gig via a wine bar.  Sooooo, she bought the tickets by telephone (this is pre internet) and didn't check what she'd got until they got into the wine bar.  The only one sober as driver she then had to listen to them all saying how much they were looking forward to seeing Chris Rea...

...she bottled it and they had no idea until the gig started =))

Needless to say they made her pay for the tickets herself >:)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I used to like "don't pay the ferryman" and "Eastern wind" from one of his early albums. I thought he was quirky then Lady in Red made me realise he was just cheesy.
  • stedsted Frets: 259

jellyroll said:
    I used to like "don't pay the ferryman" and "Eastern wind" from one of his early albums. I thought he was quirky then Lady in Red made me realise he was just cheesy.
    Aye but cheesey song fame equals money and heaps of fresh totty, just ask James Blunt, time to ditch the charvel, get me an acoustic and a whiny voice, fame awaits!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    sted said:

jellyroll said:
    Aye but cheesey song fame equals money and heaps of fresh totty, just ask James Blunt, time to ditch the charvel, get me an acoustic and a whiny voice, fame awaits!
    Don't know much James Blunt other than "that" song......but seems to me he just got overplayed, probably, in fairness, a bit like Lady In Red.  

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Talk about Hobson's Choice. Would you rather be Chris DeBurgh or James Blunt?
    Is that even a question?
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    jellyroll said:
    Is that even a question?
    OK, say it is...who would you choose and why?

For me, if I had to be one of them it would be James Blunt. I reckon he's gets loads of sex, rather than just the nanny. I would much rather have written "You're Beautiful" rather than "Lady in Red".
    jellyroll said:
    Is that even a question?

For me, if I had to be one of them it would be James Blunt. I reckon he's gets loads of sex, rather than just the nanny. I would much rather have written "You're Beautiful" rather than "Lady in Red".
    Agreed. Don't think CdB would get many votes in that contest. Although his daughter is Miss World isn't she?
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    jellyroll said:
    Is that even a question?

I imagine the Royalty cheques DeBurgh gets are a bit bigger, mind.