RIP Meatloaf!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    One of my earliest musical memories was the video for I Would Do Anything For Love being on Top of the Pops every week for what seemed like my entire childhood. I didn't get it and thought it was boring. I grew to love it when I got older and will be blasting it in his honour today.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6126
    Sadly it appears he was an anti-vaxer and it was covid that killed him. A sad end for such a legend.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    the_jaffa said:
    It’s Meat Loaf. Two words. 
    My brother in law worked as a VIP chauffeur in the 80s.  Meat Loaf was his favourite celeb - when he first met him BIL asked how he preferred to be addressed: “You can call me Meat or you can call me Mr. Loaf”, so my BIL called him Meat throughout.  Apparently he was very friendly and outgoing with everybody, and carried a large carpet bag full of paper money, which he dispensed like smarties at the merest opportunity. 
    A really genuine guy.  RIP Meat.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    RIP

Deadringer was my favourite album of his though
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    My first album was BOOH. My dad brought it home for me. Like many others I can sing every word without necessarily "knowing" them. I remember singing them in a bar with a work colleague when they played it end to end.
    When I was 15 or so, I bunked a day off school to catch a coach from Manchester to the NEC to watch him. My first ever gig.
    Had a listen to BOFH this morning and will happily admit to shedding a tear or two to Heaven Can Wait (always was my favourite song off the album).
    RIP.

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    Came across as a genuinely nice guy who never took his fame for granted.

I loved this....

Tim Peirce did a nice tribute on his channel, the clips from the later albums actually sounded a lot better than I expected. 

RIP Meat. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    https://youtu.be/AEdfhVlC_g0

Yes Tim talking about playing with Meat. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Lodious said:
    Came across as a genuinely nice guy who never took his fame for granted.

I loved this....

Tim Peirce did a nice tribute on his channel, the clips from the later albums actually sounded a lot better than I expected. 

RIP Meat. 

I remember watching that at the time. Fabulous stuff!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    An abiding memory I have of Meat Loaf has nothing to do with music - There was a special 'It's a knockout' charity event arranged by Fergie (yes Andy's ex) with various celebrities - Think it was at Alton Towers in the late 80's - Think it was Gary Lineker who was dressed in one of the silly costumes, so as to slow him down - But he had to be chased down by Meat Loaf, who was not in costume - Bottom line is he never had a chance and never did catch him

It was Steve Cram not Lineker.  It was very funny.  Don't know if it has found its way onto YouTube.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    First rock concert I ever went to: Manchester Apollo, 1983.  

A big talent.  Proper rock n roll entertainer.  RIP
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Bless him. You always think these legends will live forever. Rock on Meatloaf!