Royal Blood

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    I really like Deap Vally, I think their album tracks show a bit more depth to their sound.. very good live too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    A friend of mine told me about this band about a year ago, apparently his brother was managing them and they were getting a big push...so i guess its happened! 

i listened to a couple of their songs, and although it was good the first song, the more i listened the more it all started to sound the same really...i guess thats the limitations of having a band comprised purely of the rhythm section.

talking about 2 pieces...my other mates band is really good...The Graveltones...

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5209
    In the age of Om, 5ive, Iron Lung and Bolzer they don't sound very big for a two piece.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320

Reverend said:
    In the age of Om, 5ive, Iron Lung and Bolzer they don't sound very big for a two piece.
    Damn straight - I love Iron Lung - saw them last year and the amount and sheer weight of noise they chuck out is ridiculous
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Reverend said:
    so right!

I was watching...or reading...i can't remember...but the interviewer was saying to the band how they are the loudest band at the moment and how they manage to do it. I thought that was a laughable comment...but then the bass player actually responded by saying something like, yeah, everywhere we go we are told how loud we are the loudest band, and we've always thought we were. At this point i stopped listening/reading.

these are not direct quotes, but you get the gist. 

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Who cares what they say in interviews? Really, it's no different to what anyone else says. Every time I read "we're really proud of our new album, it's our most diverse yet" I want to hack the artist's arms off with their own guitars. It's not every artist that makes comments like this like "our live show is really loud", "our new album is our best yet" - of course they'll say that, if you're not proud of what you do don't freakin' do it! 

They may not be 'original', they may not be the greatest band on Earth. People come and go, as do bands. For what they are, they do the job. I didn't know they were only a 2 piece so it surprised me. I enjoy the album. They'll be here for a while like a bad smell and then they'll probably fuck off and another band like it will come about in a couple years. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    tFB Trader
    Just listened to the album. 

It's good but it's very short. 

I think they are going to have to learn a few more tricks to sustain a career.
  • ^ this
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    They are basically the Happy Shopper Death From Above 1979
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5209

Lightning Bolt - the ultimate mental duo.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1349
    "Interesting but then a bit samey" sums them up for me too.  No real killer track either imo.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    They are basically the Happy Shopper Death From Above 1979
    Bloody love DFA1979.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    They'll never beat Carter USM in the two-piece stakes.