Dave's (the rapper) guitar solo at the Brit Awards 2022 !?!?

What's Hot

Comments

• diapdiap Frets: 135
    That was rank in so many different ways!

Awful! Just awful!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes it's a bit 'make a guitar noise here' but we've all done that haven't we, for a solo? Haven't we? Just me and Dave then...
    Guilty as charged, m’lud.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He best be careful. Blasts of heat like that could do bloody murder to a Guitar Headstock.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    “Bends are as flat as fuck”

”Cheesy playing”

you lot really are cocks sometimes!!!!

let’s see you all get up there and do something like that… not much call for mustang sally at the brits tho’ I guess!

I don't really care about the guitar  it's utterly shit music to my ears, there's a ton of good music being made and the shitty industry doesn't let it be heard.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 132
    That solo was playback!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    I don't really care about the guitar  it's utterly shit music to my ears, there's a ton of good music being made and the shitty industry doesn't let it be heard.
    The music “industry” will pump whatever is popular and makes the most money…

if for some reason “bagpipe technoskiffle” becomes popular with the paying public guess what will appear on the next brits :)

just because we don’t like something doesn’t make it “shitty” and just because we think something is good doesn’t make it popular or a saleable commodity!…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13743
    edited February 2022
    poopot said:
    “Bends are as flat as fuck”

”Cheesy playing”

you lot really are cocks sometimes!!!!

let’s see you all get up there and do something like that… not much call for mustang sally at the brits tho’ I guess!

It is possible, don't you think, that the music you like just doesn't make for a solid commercial proposition?

It's quite likely the average fretboarder for about a dozen reasons does not match the average 16-24 year old!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I'd say he could have lit a fart and had the same effect both visually and musically ...

... but then our response is probably similar to a rap audience listening to a rock singer thinking he's nailed a rap on stage
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:

if for some reason “bagpipe technoskiffle” becomes popular with the paying public guess what will appear on the next brits :)

just because we don’t like something doesn’t make it “shitty” and just because we think something is good doesn’t make it popular or a saleable commodity!…
    How would you know if something will be popular unless you play the damn stuff, they promote one person or a type of music imo

When I was growing up in the 80s there was all sorts of popular music being played now everything sounds the same, they even look the same, just saying.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:

How would you know if something will be popular unless you play the damn stuff, they promote one person or a type of music imo

When I was growing up in the 80s there was all sorts of popular music being played now everything sounds the same, they even look the same, just saying.

I bet old people were saying that in the 80's too =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5694
    edited February 2022
    Where? In the 80s where was all sorts of popular music being played? There was very little beyond the charts or the oldies of the period ever made it to my radio. Take away the Friday Rock Show and John Peel (and Peel was pretty random and not often to my tastes at the time) and there wasn't much beyond the Top 40 and what promoters got behind. 

In retrospect there's a lot of music from then that I like.  At the time I pretty much was frustrated by everything mainstream.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    There’s more music about now than there has ever been… and it’s easier to access… a massive variety of styles… it should all be embraced with open arms… all of it!… 
    Was I the only person who found the attitude and behaviour of all the artists actually quite refreshing?

The established artists were Adele and Ed, who both put in extremely competent modest performances, made polite speeches, and managed to both not be serial child molesters acting like they are Jesus.

Wolf Alice managed to come on stage sober and professional, be nice to the artists onstage with them, and accept graciously.

Lil Simz got her Mum on stage and told kids like her to work hard to achieve their dreams.  Dave apologised for being hard to work with, the dance act winner looked like she had smoked all the weed and was so wide eyed she looked like Bambi and was still charming and professional.

I love the music of the 90s, the chaos, drunken Oasis, Jarvis' still legendary and right on takedown of Jacko, and cracking one off over Geri Halliwell.

But today's musicians, as hardworking professionals, I doth my cap!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    poopot said:
    There’s more music about now than there has ever been… and it’s easier to access… a massive variety of styles… it should all be embraced with open arms… all of it!… 
    Mega wis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    He made that sound very difficult! Fair fucks to him, it takes balls
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    He might not be the best player but at least he had a go, good on him. He looked the part too, nice bit of showmanship. 
  • This place never changes, the negativity is palpable.  
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20606
    Hate Angry GIF - Hate Angry Mad - Discover  Share GIFs
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
    Good that he's picked up a guitar, taken time to learn it, then gained the confidence to play in front of an audience. Hats off.

But FFS. How on earth does anyone find rap entertaining? Lyrics fine and pretty clever to piece it together and sing it, especially remembering all those words. But I'm lost on the entertainment value.

What are the audience doing at a rap concert? Pretty difficult to singalong, they can't really dance or go all Radio Ga Ga and surely it just gets a bit monotonous very quickly doesn't it?

Each to their own I suppose but for me 'Rap is crap'.  Keep learning the guitar Dave!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Some rap is crap, (I should know having recorded more rappers than any other style of music during running the studio) but some stuff is superb. There's a lot of skill involved when it's done well. 
    The thing that bugs me though is the subject matter has become as cliched as country pop with a lot of mainstream artist. 

It's the lack of vibrato that makes the solo sound a bit crap I think. The note choice is fine and it builds fine. But maybe I think it sounds crap because I expect it to sounds like Slash or someone. He might be going for something else entirely. 

www.2020studios.co.uk