Radio 2 Hundred Riffs thing

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
edited August 2014 in Music tFB Trader
Was farely predictable, but I notice that Nile Rodgers is the only guitarist to appear on the list twice.

This pleases me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Complete guff.  Not a hint of Judas Priest, so the whole thing was fatally flawed.  Where were Iron Maiden? I could go on, but some arse trumpet is probably aching to get on here and point out where I'm wrong.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I agree with Chris.

That's 2 the arsetrumpets have to argue with

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5209
    As compiled by the staff at top gear?
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27102
    Complete guff.  Not a hint of Judas Priest, so the whole thing was fatally flawed.  Where were Iron Maiden? I could go on, but some arse trumpet is probably aching to get on here and point out where I'm wrong.
    No no no...there are some silent letters in the title - it's pronounced, "Radio 2's Greatest Guitar Riffs From Middle-of-the-Road Rock Singles Which Hit The Charts".
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    tFB Trader
    It is meant to be "Radio 2s Greatest Riffs" so I think it's fair that they are going to exclude things that would never get played on radio 2.
    It is meant to be "Radio 2s Greatest Riffs" so I think it's fair that they are going to exclude things that would never get played on radio 2.
    Whither Daft Punk at #100 then?
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Whither Daft Punk at #100 then?
    They play that on Radio 2 quite a lot. 

I think the only one I saw that I couldn't imagine being played was "Killing in the name" but I think they mentioned it had been included because it got to number one.
  • Mick Ronson made it twice too!

tFB Trader
    What I find a bit puzzling is that they don't seem to have actually published an in order list anywhere that I can find.
    edited August 2014
    What I find a bit puzzling is that they don't seem to have actually published an in order list anywhere that I can find.
    I know. It's really frustrating, I just wish I could find it somewhere.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2014 tFB Trader
    I searched for Radio 2 hundred riffs and it didn't appear on the first page of google results. 

It also didn't seem to be linked from the BBC News story which seems pretty stupid or from the program page.
  • Is No Surprises really a guitar riff song?
    tFB Trader
    Is No Surprises really a guitar riff song?
    I would say it's actually the doubled glock that makes it. 

You would think any of Creep, Just, or The Bends would have been better picks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Mick Ronson made it twice too!

As did Blackmore.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Some of those entries aren't even the best riff by the individual band, let alone be a top 100 entry.
    tFB Trader
    I thought the most baffling choice was Wheels by Foo Fighters. One of their worst and least well known singles and off the top of my head I can't even think of what the riff is. 
  • I thought the most baffling choice was Wheels by Foo Fighters. One of their worst and least well known singles and off the top of my head I can't even think of what the riff is. 
    Is it that one that goes "Wheels on fire, rolling down the road, Best notify my next of kin,
    This wheel shall explode!"?
  • Also, also, if Money by Floyd is on there - surely a bass riff - isn't there a little room for Mark King?
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I searched for Radio 2 hundred riffs and it didn't appear on the first page of google results. 

It also didn't seem to be linked from the BBC News story which seems pretty stupid or from the program page.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/chart/guitar-riffs

I also made a Spotify playlist of them if you want to have a listen, it's around here somewhere.