Adding a DC Socket to a Pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ErskineErskine Frets: 6
    Diago seem to have gone bust, but look for the PS06 on amazon - someone has asked the polarity question and a reply says that it is centre positive.

I cut the cable on the adaptor and soldered it in reverse this morning and it works fine now. So, I suspect that this was a PS06 adaptor and not a guitar one. I bought it on eBay as the Diago one was no longer available in Anderton's. It was clearly being sold as a guitar pedal adaptor. I have been back to the seller and told him about the reversed polarity and he simply claimed that they had sold a few of these and this was the first problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ErskineErskine Frets: 6
    Erskine said:
    Diago seem to have gone bust, but look for the PS06 on amazon - someone has asked the polarity question and a reply says that it is centre positive.

I cut the cable on the adaptor and soldered it in reverse this morning and it works fine now. So, I suspect that this was a PS06 adaptor and not a guitar one. I bought it on eBay as the Diago one was no longer available in Anderton's. It was clearly being sold as a guitar pedal adaptor. I have been back to the seller and told him about the reversed polarity and he simply claimed that they had sold a few of these and this was the first problem.

Just ignore that nonsense about PS06. I thought that was a Playstation cable and not simply the cable serial number!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    That was weird about the PS06 on amazon as well. Somebody had clearly found that it was centre-positive, yet there were loads of reviews saying they work great. I went looking for the Diago website as I guessed they might have sold two versions, and the amazon reviews/question might have been for a mixture of both.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom