Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are city link the worst courier in the uk?

What's Hot
Answer: Yes.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    Fred closed
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    That was easy!
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    UPS were awesome for me last week through Transglobal Express.
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited August 2014
    They delivered five massive boxes to me today at exactly the time they said they would on their text. Yodel, though, are shit.
    Use Your Brian
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Herpes or Yokel are, I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • City Link: NEVER AGAIN
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    Another vote for MyHerpes.  Awful.  Basically some of their drivers are crooks.  We have a number of parcels 'delivered' for work on a Sunday (we're a school, so we're shut) and mysteriously if I call and complain they turn up during the week a few days later.

What's the betting if I didn't query it, they'd keep whatever it is...sadly I think they know I work in the IT department so often get shiny things through the post.
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    In a late entry, ParcelFarce seem to be doing their best to try and sneak a win here.  No sign of a delivery already a day late "We deliver till 6pm sir" says phoneline.

B*llocks you do, says I.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    I've just won a guitar on eBay and the seller just messaged me saying it's coming by City Link.It's in a hardcase though so,fingers crossed.

Eeeeeeek!
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • City Link have certainly proven to be the least reliable of the many couriers by whom our work has had things delivered, in my experience. Wouldn't in a million years dream of using them to send something myself.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10591

A lot of Citylink couriers are Subies now, they drive for Citylink, Business Post, DPD and anyone else who needs owner van drivers. I've had about 10 different drivers do my collection in the last year. So it's just people, there's good and bad you can't slag em off as a whole. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • After all that's been said about couriers on this forum, why are we still even discussing it? If there's something you care about, you take it or fetch it yourself, you don't even think about or discuss couriers.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    City Link are the worst in my experience. 

DPD seem very good.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11532
    Waiting for UPS for to come to my work and pick up a package to go to Italy.  Has been rearranged twice already as they have failed to turn up twice.  They are supposed to be coming between 9am and 1pm today so they have around 9 minutes left on their 3rd attempt.  Not impressed.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11532
    Still waiting for them to turn up.
  • Danny1969 said:

A lot of Citylink couriers are Subies now, they drive for Citylink, Business Post, DPD and anyone else who needs owner van drivers. I've had about 10 different drivers do my collection in the last year. So it's just people, there's good and bad you can't slag em off as a whole. 
    I disagree.
    Things can get lost/ damaged, which may or may not be the drivers' fault, but either way what is important is how it is resolved by the company itself. This is where many companies fall down, in my experience.
    You know, sh*t happens. How that sh*t is cleaned up is the issue.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Danny1969 said:

I disagree.
    Things can get lost/ damaged, which may or may not be the drivers' fault, but either way what is important is how it is resolved by the company itself. This is where many companies fall down, in my experience.
    You know, sh*t happens. How that sh*t is cleaned up is the issue.

Customer service is how a company resolves an issue, it's not needed when the goings good!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    My lot use them.... there's a reason we call them 'Shittylink'.  Mind you, the previous lot we used were called 'ParcelFarce'.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."