Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are city link the worst courier in the uk?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    In my professional experience, Yodel might as well throw in a free kick in the nuts when they drop your smashed to buggery parcel on your doorstep.

City Link are shit, but Yodel are special. They could snap a t-shirt. Lost track of the amount of times I've got a Yodel card with the barely legible scrawl "in bin" written on it. How about you come back tomorrow and I'll throw you in my bin and you can leave me a comment card telling me how you feel about it, cocksnorkler?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11146
    tFB Trader
    Yodel delivered ma a black plastic bin bag .... it had my parcel inside it ... but so wet that that the box had fallen apart!!! Luckily it was just a couple of hundred plastic pickup boxes ... so the contents were at least waterproof.
    Total loosers!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Yodel deliver my hay, it's always fine.
    My V key is broken
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    Had a guitar delivered this morning by City Link and it's still in one piece.The driver was really quite pleasant too.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I too had a good CityLink experience. To be fair the guitar was packed in bulletproof amounts of cardboard.

• DPD are the only company I have faith in. I'll post piccys later of what CityLink did to a piece of kit.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited September 2014
    After all that's been said about couriers on this forum, why are we still even discussing it? If there's something you care about, you take it or fetch it yourself, you don't even think about or discuss couriers.
    Because the vast majority of things get delivered fine. Threads are only started when the worst happens. I'd think twice about couriering a couple of grand guitar (although I've done it many times), but for things worth a few hundred quid I wouldn't be in the slightest concerned. Distances often make it unfeasible - although I've driven to Tebay services (from Edinburgh) a couple of times for trades!
  • I don't think any of them are 1st class. It depends on the driver. Most are good, some are as bad as Thanet dustmen.

• To be fair the home delivery guys and yodel sem to fuck it up more than 50% of the time. My most common one working at home to receive parcel, parcel then appears on tracked as "attempted delivery - no answer" yet you know fine well they havent bothered doing the delivery.

Fucking muppets. The amazon locker idea is a better method in my opinion as i end up colelcting most stuff from the depot anyway.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Gagaryn said:

I've driven to Tebay services (from Edinburgh) a couple of times for trades!
    Best motorway services in Britain - at least that I've been to.

It only has the slight disadvantage that it's separate north and south service areas, so you have to go up to the next junction to turn round - although it's not far.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I like Tebay too, only slight issue is that it is sometimes full of OAP bus trips.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    By God I wish I had seen this thread last week. I booked City Link to fetch an amp from my mate's in Kent and bring it to Oxford. Paid double for Saturday delivery. Needless to say they didn't turn up. My friend waited in all day, dawn till well after dusk. Nothing. This morning, on the third phone call to City Link, they claim their man tried to collect it but couldn't find anyone in...just a straight-up lie. They offer no apology, nor refund, nor understanding of their duty to the customer. Nor do they make any attempt to contact the customer...you have to do all the chasing. I am merely told to press the button to rebook for next week...and then chase them up on Monday "to make sure we do it". That's an actual quote. How do they stay in business? Is the model that there are always enough one-time punters out there however terrible you are? A bit like that steak house Garfunkels?

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12460
    I paid for next day delivery with Shittylink, it took 7 days - to get delivered to the wrong address. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    edited October 2014
    In their defence, we had a John Lewis delivery due last week: a box full of expensive china. We got an email saying it was going to be delivered by Citylink and I feared the worst. It turned up on time and intact. Maybe they have to behave better for big corporate customers, but I couldn't fault their service this time.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    My "Saturday delivery" package arrived today (Wednesday). "ParcelMonkey", with whom i booked this delivery using City Link, tell me they have no intention of refunding me a penny of the Saturday delivery premium I paid. Apparently their small print allows them to be five days late if they so choose. And get this...they say that if I'd wanted to have my "Saturday delivery" package delivered on Saturday I should have paid more for "guaranteed" Saturday delivery! Silly me for not choosing this option, even though I cannot see it listed on their website and assumed that if you pay extra for Saturday delivery you can reasonably expect that's what you'll get. This would seem to me to be a scam, and they haven't heard the last of it. Meanwhile I would urge everyone not to touch ParcelMonkey or City Link with a bargepole.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I think the OP should correct the grammar in the thread title.