New Rockett Pedal (klon)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12054
    darcym said:
    my friend in the states just picked on up, he said they sold 90 in 3 minutes.
    Still over 215 left on the website ! Started at 300.

Where were these 90 sold in 3 mins?  The yanks are still in bed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Joes pedals still has ktrs, surly be better to pick one of those up??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    allicio said:
    I like the size of these more, take up less space on the board.
  • allicio said:
    Haven't you already got a klone? Or am I remembering wrongly?

I wouldn't expect these to be any different, and if internet hype is to be believed I'd expect them to be worse as they probably use tiny surface mount parts.
    edited October 2014
    allicio said:
    Haven't you already got a klone? Or am I remembering wrongly?

I wouldn't expect these to be any different, and if internet hype is to be believed I'd expect them to be worse as they probably use tiny surface mount parts.
    I haven't ordered and won't be, was just curious how much it would be.  and I do, I got one from Pedal Projects last week. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    darcym said:
    my friend in the states just picked on up, he said they sold 90 in 3 minutes.
    WTF

I'm not gonna say for a second the soul food is necessarily quite as good as the more expensive versions... but it's not a million miles away, I'm guessing (and I tried a real one back in the day, not that I remember much about it). As far as I'm concerned, it's a nice pedal, but that's about it. It's not even my favourite pedal out of what I have (and I don't exactly have boutique pedals here).

Admittedly, it also has a nice buffer, to be fair, but if that's all you want you can get a nice buffer for an awful lot less than a klon!
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    my fault, misread, it was 20 in 3 minutes, still a lot though
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    hahaha no worries. but yeah that's still a fair amount.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Looks EXACTLY LIKE THIS:

(for sale £93 delivered)   :)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    The shipping includes all UK duty, I just fancied one I guess. Also Im sure they won't be able to keep making it forever surely? I was gonna buy the Soul Food, but the last 2 EHX pedals I bought were pretty poorly made, I mean that number 1 Echo just sucked tone.
    jeztone2;369953" said:
    The shipping includes all UK duty, I just fancied one I guess.

Also Im sure they won't be able to keep making it forever surely?

I was gonna buy the Soul Food, but the last 2 EHX pedals I bought were pretty poorly made, I mean that number 1 Echo just sucked tone.
    Buy it from Rogue Guitar Shop with discount code, cheaper shipping and they normally slip customs for me.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    J Rockett emailed last night, apparently they now have given a cheaper shipping option so got a refund of $88 Not sure Rogue guitar shop will appreciate you explaining how they fiddle duty chap
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I'd be surprised if it does include all UK duty, didn't think it could be paid at source but I may be wrong??
    jeztone2;370923" said:
    J Rockett emailed last night, apparently they now have given a cheaper shipping option so got a refund of $88

Not sure Rogue guitar shop will appreciate you explaining how they fiddle duty chap
    They as in the packages, Not they as in the store.

So the packages normally slip through customs, not rogue guitar shops slip them through customs.

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Yeah you're gonna get stitched up big time for duty from the US. Everything over £15 is charged, plus an £8 handling fee, plus the courier's usual costs.

Anyone would thing that they don't want us buying stuff from outside the EU...

Conversely I could send a pedal to the US for a £10-15. Sad isn't it.

also, FWIW, when I finally get my finger out, I can make an MXR sized Klone for £90. A bit of shameless self promotion there, but it all helps the capacitor fund. Though saying that, I'm about to bugger off on holiday for 3 weeks, so it'd take a while ;) Think I have enough parts in to build another 8 or so. Really do need to sort a graphic out for it that isn't stolen though if I'm going to sell a few of the things...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    juansolo said:
    Yeah you're gonna get stitched up big time for duty from the US. Everything over £15 is charged, plus an £8 handling fee, plus the courier's usual costs.

Anyone would thing that they don't want us buying stuff from outside the EU...

Conversely I could send a pedal to the US for a £10-15. Sad isn't it.

also, FWIW, when I finally get my finger out, I can make an MXR sized Klone for £90. A bit of shameless self promotion there, but it all helps the capacitor fund. Though saying that, I'm about to bugger off on holiday for 3 weeks, so it'd take a while ;) Think I have enough parts in to build another 8 or so. Really do need to sort a graphic out for it that isn't stolen though if I'm going to sell a few of the things...

strictly speaking it is £18, or £36 if marked as gift.  At least that was the limit going back as far as 15 years, been using Amazon.com since 1999 and it was the law back then...unless it has gone down to £15 ?

I got hit £321 for my guitar and £180 for a lens in the past few months.  ALWAYS take into account of this when buying compare to the prices here, sometimes it is just not worth it after the tax and duty on top.

p.s. £18 inc shipping ! not £18 for the product...which isn't fair IMO.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited October 2014
    p.s. £18 inc shipping ! not £18 for the product...which isn't fair IMO.
    Yeah they dropped it to £15 inc shipping. To stop people buying DVD/BluRays from the US.

I get stung like you wouldn't believe for parts from the US. I try as much as possible to source locally these days, so I suppose in that respect it works. However the parts I have to get from outside the EU don't half add up :(