Marillion - An Hour Before its Dark

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I’m in Brighton now.  Gig tomorrow.   

You have to remember that Fish left over 30 years ago.  It’s not the same band. They have evolved

Fish isn’t fish anymore and he will readily admit that. 

I like hogarths take on the world, Steve Rothery still plays with a past that few can match and the whole band still make music that is relevant and new. If it’s not for you fair play.  Go watch macca or jagger or Gilmore knocking out the same stuff year after year.  
    Steve R was playing and sounding great...and we got 'Sugar Mice' as the last number with a special guest appearance by Fish which was nice...the only old tune...Steve H did it justice ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't like the Fish era. But when Brave was released I took a real interest. That KKKKK review for Brave from Kerrang had me buying the CD from the uni bookshop unheard and I think I listened to it every night for the rest of the year. 

And I've liked plenty of the material since then. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PjonPjon Frets: 314

You have to remember that Fish left over 30 years ago.  It’s not the same band. They have evolved

Fish isn’t fish anymore and he will readily admit that. 

Oh agreed, absolutely. I'm just sad that they (both) became acts that I didn't have much time for, despite still loving other prog bands. Yearning after my lost youth! :D 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2055
    I met Fish in Leominster about 4 weeks back - Lovely chap, zero ego on the day and a bit of giant.