Wooden Amp Stand

What's Hot
personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 372
I'm looking for an attractive wooden stand for use in the lounge. I want something that will both lift the amp up and tilt it at me for my pleasure, and something that might reduce the amount of noise travelling through the floor to the room below (if possible). Ideally I want something that looks attractive as it'll be in the living room - and those black metal things aren't for me.

This is as good as I've found so far, looks nice, but I wondered if anyone had come across other options:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    edited March 2022
    yes someone on this very forum makes/sells a corker,  who's name/ID escapes right now................. sure someone will sort that out..
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5685
    Not sure if they've gone into production, but @TrentGuitars was certainly flirting with something like that, and is probably who @bertie is thinking of.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    Snags said:
    Not sure if they've gone into production, but @TrentGuitars was certainly flirting with something like that, and is probably who @bertie is thinking of.
    thats the chap,  pretty sure they are (or were) "for sale" on his website............................. 

• idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 519
    These are expensive and I'm sure shipping from the US would be extortionate, but I think they look great

https://atlas-stands.com/index.php/product/walnut-low-rider-amp-stand/

Eventually I'm going to make my own copy - got as far as a cardboard prototype (which works but is by no means attractive)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    I'm looking for an attractive wooden stand for use in the lounge. I want something that will both lift the amp up and tilt it at me for my pleasure, and something that might reduce the amount of noise travelling through the floor to the room below (if possible). Ideally I want something that looks attractive as it'll be in the living room - and those black metal things aren't for me.

This is as good as I've found so far, looks nice, but I wondered if anyone had come across other options:

Ohh, like the one with pedalboard sliding under (though not sure its high enough when pedals are on.)

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    FWIW I made two out of batten and MDF,

type 1 was a tilt back  -  cut the side panels out of MDF - cut rebates and screw/glue batten across the bottom and back 
    looks a bit like this 

type 2 was a simple MDF platform on two pieces of CLS the longer side high enough to slide my pedal board (made from IKEA shelf and sprayed with black enamel )  under, and angle cut at the front  to make it look neater  
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1756
    edited March 2022 tFB Trader
    Yeah I did used to make one, but since I’m now making guitars full time (and not furniture anymore) my supply of Birch plywood has completely dried. Couple that with a sheet of it going from £32 to £72 in 2021 and then compound that with birch plywood is actually a Russian product meant I can’t currently offer it - boo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    bertie said:
    FWIW I made two out of batten and MDF,

type 1 was a tilt back  -  cut the side panels out of MDF - cut rebates and screw/glue batten across the bottom and back 
    looks a bit like this 

type 2 was a simple MDF platform on two pieces of CLS the longer side high enough to slide my pedal board (made from IDEA shelf)  under, and angle cut at the front  to make it look neater  
    I did similar but put a front and a top on and covered it in tweed

https://i.imgur.com/NO6UStj.jpg ;
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    Ohh, like the one with pedalboard sliding under (though not sure its high enough when pedals are on.)

Yes, it does look like you'll need pancake flat pedals! Also while I love the look of the board, that pretty pattern presumably gets covered with velcro? I guess you could be very selective about where you put it, but still seems a shame to have to cover it.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    edited March 2022
    I can't remember the chap's name but he's on here and makes lovely stuff - from multi guitar racks to amp stands and stuff. I entered a comp at the Guitar Show a few years ago and won an acoustic stand. His website is here

As soon as I remember his username - I'll post it. Not cheap, but good stuff aint...

Edit: he#s not really very active on here but he has a profile

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @McToot those Stand Made stands look good
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    personalnadir said:
    Thanks @McToot those Stand Made stands look good
    No probs. They are very nice. I love my single acoustic stand. Even more that I won it. I never win anything... If I had more space and/or a more understanding Mrs - I'd have a multi guitar stand for the collection. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1064
    Stand made are awesome I've got a case stand from them - nice bit of kit!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    munckee said:
    Looks way over engineered compared to @idiotwind 's version - is it still in cardboard format Jon?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1227
    At the lower end of the price scale these guys make all sorts from reclaimed wood, they’re very pleasant and I bet if you asked they’d make something for you - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheTimberWolves?load_webview=1&bid=MV2WBbKowmRA3erRPsuHWvoqC_DR
    They made me a basic bare wood headshell for an amp I made and were very helpful 
  • allenallen Frets: 823
    I bought a guitar stand from this chap and he also does amp stands.

Very decent to deal with too.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CaulfieldComposites

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • allen said:
    I bought a guitar stand from this chap and he also does amp stands.

Very decent to deal with too.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CaulfieldComposites

Like the tripple guitar stands. They look good 
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 519
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:

Looks way over engineered compared to @idiotwind 's version - is it still in cardboard format Jon?
    It is unfortunately.  One day it'll be walnut or mahogany but the cardboard proof-of-concept is still holding together.  What I like about this design is that it folds up to be quite compact for transportation

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1686
    Some very interesting designs! 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 372
    Bought an amp stand from LakelandWoodCo on Etsy. The stands are customised for each amp. The seller asked for photos of the base of the amp with measuring tape. I had to then decide on whether I wanted the feet of the amp to be resting on the horizontal or vertical rungs of wood. I asked for the depth (front to back) of the stand to be shortened as I didn't like the idea of the front horizontal beam jutting out prominently. 

From purchase to delivery it took 43 days, although for 12 of those it was in transit. Worryingly the tracking worked while it was in Poland and then for the remaining 10 days the parcel tracking just showed it as somewhere between Poland and the UK. 

Arrived today and very happy with it (excuse the dust):

Feels solid, looks good, can recommend.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom