Band T Shirt poseurs

What's Hot

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5749
    I habitually wear T-shirts spruiking all sorts of things I've never heard of. I buy them for $2 at the op shop. Most of the time I don't even know what's written on them.

(Yes, really. I am a notorious penny-pincher.)

( Except in guitar shops. And camera shops. But apart from that I pinch pennies.)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10434
    Philly_Q said:
    Last year I cycled past someone with a Dead Kennedys t shirt and I shouted ‘HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA YEAAAA’ at him and he looked absolutely delighted. I think I made his day. And someone once said ‘cool band’ at my Sonic Youth t shirt and that made my day, so I do think that someone acknowledging your t shirt is a really cool thing to do in general. 
    Last year a homeless guy said my UFO-era Michael Schenker T-shirt was cool and I was oddly pleased.  Didn't give him any money though...
    He wasn't homeless, he was in the band. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4445
    I go the other way with t-shirts and get a bit nervous wearing them. I have a Metallica shirt that I wear - I like Metallica, but I'm not a megafan. Cardinal sin really, I didn't get into them until the Black Album and worked out from there. 

Anyway only one person ever commented on it and we had a good old chat. Didn't show myself up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    I have various t-shirts with depictions of Cthulhu on them.  Never heard his output though (apart from in some dreams) and never visited his house in R'lyeh.
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2897
    I had drunk a lot of Newky Brown by that age though
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8169
    I proudly wear my "Sildenafil" T-shirt out and about even though I have never listened to them or bought any of their albums.  I believe they do hard rock.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19797
    ^ I think they supported The Members. Or was it Throbbing Gristle?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28356
    I'd happily wear a Stones or Ramones T-shirt, but I'd struggle to name many songs from either band. I don't own any albums from either band but I can still like them and what they stand for generally.

I love it when someone comments on a shirt that I am wearing, it's quite rare though, I don't exactly follow popular bands!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12811
    I ordered a Semisonic t-shirt last week. I do know their songs but I would've considered buying it even if I didn't because it's a great shirt.

Do people give you a secret smile when you wear that?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1468
    I asked a guy wearing a led zep t-shirt at a beach bar on hol the this week what his fave album by them was. (houses of holy. me? It would be the first).

the big question for me is at what age is it still acceptable attire to wear a band t-shirt these days. Shallow it may seem and id love to keep the flame a-burning as it were ...  but let's face facts - I'm not getting any younger...
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10434
    I’m not even joking about this. 

An hour ago in Sainsbury's I saw a guy with a Faith No More t shirt on. Being a big fan, and thinking of this thread, and the fact that I am quite a sociable guy, I walked past him and said ‘Cool shirt I love Faith No More!’. He didn’t even fucking hear me, and someone saw that he didn’t hear me, and I felt like a fool.

Oh the shame. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    CaseOfAce said:

the big question for me is at what age is it still acceptable attire to wear a band t-shirt these days. 
    I get some stick occasionally, sniggering, pointing, etc.

Yes, I'm a middle aged man but I like S Club 7, so what. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1116
    Just going to leave this here

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1073
    And I'm always saying how great Harley Benton are when I've never had one of their pies.
    Nah, they make Motorbikes, silly.
    Dopes the lot of you. 

Remember: 

It's Harley Benton motorbikes 

Harley Davidson meat pies

Fray Bentos guitars (renowned for their meaty tone with no lumps or gristle guaranteed). 

Not to be confused with Harley Street, Freya Stark, Darren Bent, Jim Davidson, or Frank Zappa. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19797
    edited March 2022
    AlexO said:

Young Gerry Adams could never take a hint...
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6040
    AlexO said:

Young Gerry Adams could never take a hint...
    Ahhhhh. I thought Kirk was looking a bit odd. 
    AlexO said:

Brilliant! Laughed out loud at that!
    CaseOfAce said:

the big question for me is at what age is it still acceptable attire to wear a band t-shirt these days. Shallow it may seem and id love to keep the flame a-burning as it were ...  but let's face facts - I'm not getting any younger...
    What???? Daft question,

I'm a 58 year old civil service manager and I do all my zoom meetings in a band T-shirt and cargo shorts. I've also made up band backgrounds that I use for some meetings. All I have worn in life since the pandemic started is band t-shirts and cargo shorts. I don't care what other people think about what I wear. I did the suit & tie for work decades ago, boring faceless uncomfortable clothes for people with no personality. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12811
    AlexO said:

It's funny, because it's true.

The number of times women have to deal with blokes thinking that because they are wearing a band t-shirt from twenty years ago they are miraculously interested in blokes 20 years their senior is probably a bit high.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...