Band T Shirt poseurs

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Rhl87RhlRhl87Rhl Frets: 25
    Redlester said:
    And I'm always saying how great Harley Benton are when I've never had one of their pies.
    Nah, they make Motorbikes, silly.
    Dopes the lot of you. 

Remember: 

It's Harley Benton motorbikes 

Harley Davidson meat pies

Fray Bentos guitars (renowned for their meaty tone with no lumps or gristle guaranteed). 

Not to be confused with Harley Street, Freya Stark, Darren Bent, Jim Davidson, or Frank Zappa. 
    And they ship them in tins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12505
    Rhl87Rhl said:
    Redlester said:
    And I'm always saying how great Harley Benton are when I've never had one of their pies.
    Nah, they make Motorbikes, silly.
    Dopes the lot of you. 

Remember: 

It's Harley Benton motorbikes 

Harley Davidson meat pies

Fray Bentos guitars (renowned for their meaty tone with no lumps or gristle guaranteed). 

Not to be confused with Harley Street, Freya Stark, Darren Bent, Jim Davidson, or Frank Zappa. 
    And they ship them in tins.
    And with an upgraded tin they are just as good if not better than the big brands
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was wearing my favourite Bowie tee at a gig last month and a woman asked if I was old enough to like his music. I’m 41, bald and look pretty haggard so I took it as a compliment. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2674
    I don’t wear band t-shirts myself. But surely people wearing t-shirts featuring bands whose music they wouldn't necessarily listen to or like, with varying shades of irony, has been a fashion staple for about 30 years?
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28356
    I don’t wear band t-shirts myself. But surely people wearing t-shirts featuring bands whose music they wouldn't necessarily listen to or like, with varying shades of irony, has been a fashion staple for about 30 years?
    I hate irony T-shirts. I prefer them crumpled up.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I realised this could be controversial if my opinion carried any weight - but I am. a say no to all band t-shirts. To me they are like signature guitars - its a bit fanboy no? I think I'd put football shirts in the same bracket..... its just.... a bit..... to reverential? 

I don't want to die on this hill - if you have a band t-shirt you like to wear then I wish you many happy returns together - each to their own, it just ain't for me

This may stem from the an early childhood experience when I went go karting at a local track - another lad turned up with a full race suit, helmet, gloves and a balaclava thing - this is to race in sh*tty go karts in a sh*tty big shed on a sh*tty industrial estate..... unsurprisingly this kid was an overly competitive douche. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12808
    This may stem from the an early childhood experience when I went go karting at a local track - another lad turned up with a full race suit, helmet, gloves and a balaclava thing - this is to race in sh*tty go karts in a sh*tty big shed on a sh*tty industrial estate..... unsurprisingly this kid was an overly competitive douche.

...was it Lewis Hamilton?

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1697
    I realised this could be controversial if my opinion carried any weight - but I am. a say no to all band t-shirts. To me they are like signature guitars - its a bit fanboy no? I think I'd put football shirts in the same bracket..... its just.... a bit..... to reverential? 

I used to have a favourite Stiff records tee-shirt with a simple logo -  If it aint Stiff It ain't worth a Fu(k.

Reverential it wasn't :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    CaseOfAce said:
    the big question for me is at what age is it still acceptable attire to wear a band t-shirt these days. Shallow it may seem and id love to keep the flame a-burning as it were ...  but let's face facts - I'm not getting any younger...
    I'm never going to stop wearing band T-shirts.  And some of the bands I like are even older than me, so it seems age-appropriate.
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 458
    I have a few band t shirts (I generally tend to prefer ones that poke a little fun at a band or an album, or combine with Star Wars or similar - Stormtroopers on a zebra crossing for instance). One is the cover of Neil Young's album On The Beach. I listen to loads of Neil Young, but OTB isn't one I listen to a lot and I doubt I could name any of the songs on it, but I like the cover art. Does that make me a poser?

My brother in law's step daughter has a Pink Floyd t shirt. I asked her if she was into the band (she does play some guitar) and it was just one she got when she bought a few t shirts in Next or somewhere similar. She didn't even know it was a band, she just liked the design.

I have a personal rule that I don't wear stuff from music/movies/games etc that I've not heard/watched/played, but other people can do what they want. I'd even break my own rule if the t shirt was cool enough.

Asking someone wearing a Sisters of Mercy or Rammstein, or whatever t shirt what their favourite song or album is, is fine. Pointing at them and screaming for them to remove it when they can't name the bloke who played the shaky thing on track 7 of the third live album isn't. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    good job my fav band is   Fruit of the Loom
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One is the cover of Neil Young's album On The Beach. I listen to loads of Neil Young, but OTB isn't one I listen to a lot and I doubt I could name any of the songs on it, but I like the cover art. Does that make me a poser?

On the beach is my favourite NY record! Massively overlooked. Title track is a masterpiece
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    bertie said:
    Do you wear your T-shirts inside-out, with a strategically placed magnifying glass to help passers-by read the label?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I wear this despite not even knowing any of his songs:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6977
    edited March 2022
    My biggest problem with band t-shirts are that they are usually made from the cheapest ill fitting base shirts so I don’t want to wear them.

But also similar to @Placidcasual79 they’re just not my thing…

Maybe something subtle like a logo or album name or snippet of a lyric, so those who know, know - but walking round with a band name or artist’s name emblazoned on my back or chest isn’t really my style.  
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2021
    edited March 2022
    I have the classic maroon and yellow Doors LA Woman T Shirt and a Zildjian T Shirt. I often get asked if I'm a drummer. I love the Doors but I've never hit a cymbal. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    Philly_Q said:
    bertie said:
    Do you wear your T-shirts inside-out, with a strategically placed magnifying glass to help passers-by read the label?
    custom personalised breast embroidery

and on the t-shirt 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.