The Rise and Rise of Wet Leg...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11804
    On the other hand, when my confidence levels are higher, I eat less crap and do more exercise, therefore I get thinner and look better. I'd imagine they've been a pretty gruelling schedule as well which would take its toll.

Congrats to the band for their recent awards success

Indeed, it's possible with their gruelling schedule they actively have people looking after them and their diet to make sure they can survive it.  I'd like to think it's that.

Certainly have done amazingly in awards season!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1975
    They might be good but I just can't hear it. Emperor's new clothes to me. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20 said:
    They might be good but I just can't hear it. Emp’s new car to me. 
    FTFY
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23001
    Devil#20 said:
    They might be good but I just can't hear it. Emp’s new car to me. 
    FTFY
    Comment of the day.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1008
    Listened to them for a week or so in 2022, and haven't gone back to them since. Are they still 'on the rise'? really? Have they got new material out or something?
    Keiko said:
    Listened to them for a week or so in 2022, and haven't gone back to them since. Are they still 'on the rise'? really? Have they got new material out or something?
    They just won two grammys and two brits, they're currently huge...
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18872
    Taking the discussion in a new direction, I couldn't help but notice at the Brits that since filming their various videos, mostly during lockdown, Rhiann has dropped a couple of dress sizes. 

Now, how she looks, her body image etc is entirely her business and nobody can ever say tother-wise.  I think she looks gorgeous and success clearly suits her, but it makes me a little sad to think she probably had label pressure to lose weight for continued success.

Especially as in the same show you had Lewis Capaldi and Sam Smith who it is fair to say, like me, are perfectly happy with a slightly larger frame.  Also of course the ridiculously handsome Harry Styles for balance.

A double standard for the music industry, or just a reflection of the fact that their quirky appeal will need to be followed up by a strong second album and continuing to appeal to 40-somethings (like me) who see Rhiann like a 21st century Louise Wener or Justine Frischmann...

She's probably just so thrilled with her cool new Trent guitar that she just forgot a meal or two :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 375
    Just watched the video above posted by @darthed1981 and whilst I quite like the song, as I did when I first heard it, I have things to say.

Whilst I'm aware that was for an awards thing, it all felt a bit Cowell esque/bgt.
    Despite the fact that I'd prefer music like that to be being pushed to the youth over some formulaic dance music, it felt a bit like it was going that way.

Wet Leg - they're alright. I don't hate them, I don't hate Adele or even Britney.
    Whatever it was, it was closer to Cowell than it was to Zoundz.
  • Jfingers said:
    Just watched the video above posted by @darthed1981 and whilst I quite like the song, as I did when I first heard it, I have things to say.

Whilst I'm aware that was for an awards thing, it all felt a bit Cowell esque/bgt.
    Despite the fact that I'd prefer music like that to be being pushed to the youth over some formulaic dance music, it felt a bit like it was going that way.

Wet Leg - they're alright. I don't hate them, I don't hate Adele or even Britney.

The dancers were from an all-female Morris Dance group who've been around longer than Wet Leg. Given that, I thought it was pretty damn cool. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jfingers said:
    Isn't that gatekeeping?

Adele is a very talented songwriter, she works with others to polish her songs up (so do people in rock bands btw, credited or not), but she is a driving creative force behind her music.

Wet Leg write their own songs, play their own instruments?

Nobody is obliged to like them, but also it is possible to be fairly credible without being a far out hardcore lefty punk band... we all have mortgages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they're great. Well done and good luck to them, I say. Make hay while the sun shines.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    She's probably just so thrilled with her cool new Trent guitar that she just forgot a meal or two :D
    Quite likely, looks great.

Combination of Rhiann and that guitar... it's off the sexy chart!
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2299
    Attractive girls playing stuff that doesn’t make me want to play it again. 
  • I hope they are making a decent wage off it anyhow.
  • It’s a decent record. Not as good as the Yard Act though. That’s this years record so far. 
    They've released a new tune

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom