SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PENDING: Novo Serus SV

What's Hot

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    Oof, that Spectrasonic is gorgeous.  By far and away the coolest guitar for sale on here currently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any trades considered for the TV Jones, or is strictly sale only?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited May 2022
    OK, I've had enough of this torture. I'll have the TV Jones back - it's a really lovely guitar, and I've been half hoping that it would be sold (and surprised that it hasn't), but sod it. I'll have it back. It might only be for a couple of weeks or so (a keeper, then) but it will be good to pitch it against the Gretsch and compare them both. Anyway, it's too nice a guitar not to have back.
    Call me Dave.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    edited May 2022
    TV Jones sold! 

2013 Gibson ES-330 '59 Reissue added. Details in original post.

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, I know that you prefer your urinals a little more populated. :)

I really, really like this ES-330. There's something a bit special about these 59 reissues. I had this, and a 2018 ES-330 at the same time and was quite struck with how different they were, considering that they're the 'same' guitar. I said to @Hattigol at the time that the 2018 was perfect and virtually flawless in terms of build and condition.

With this one, there's just something special about it. It feels lived in and played - I had a 1960 ES-330 and took this in part trade, and the chunky, accommodating neck on this one suited me more, but this also feels vintage, in a good way, of course. The finish, the neck, the overall feel and sound of it - I don't know HOW they do it, but this feels like a proper, well-played, vintage ES-330.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with it again.  :o
    Call me Dave.
    If you do buy it again, can I have dibs?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No, because you'll only sell it again, and then I have to buy it back and I get confused.
    Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
    You know those 330 reissues are currently going for about a grand more than you're asking?
    You know those 330 reissues are currently going for about a grand more than you're asking?
    Grab yourself a bargain then before I change my mind!
    Both still here...
    edited July 2022
    Bump.
  • Novo looks a stunner. 
  • I've got 47 tabs open on my browser and 20 are this in various forms
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The ES-330 was mine, and it's a really special guitar. It's got something about it that lifts it out of the ordinary.

The Novo? Well, I met up with @Hattigol at a coffee shop earlier this week and had a little feel and a play.

Luckily he'd also bought the Novo with him, and this is a fabulous thing. I, erm, hope to get my hands on it tomorrow for another little play.
    Call me Dave.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We won't be able to do it too loudly as my wife will be in.

Stop it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2022
    Both withdrawn for now.
    Having had chance to play these today, just a few observations...

I'm really surprised that neither of them have sold. Honestly folks, lovely guitars and they're priced to be bought.

That ES-330 is as good as it gets and I was most tempted to buy it back again, although that's getting a bit weird now.

The Novo - fabulous guitar with a neck that is supremely comfortable and a work of art by itself.

The coffee was lovely, but a little disappointed to be charged for it.

Call me Dave.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2022
    Novo back for sale.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117

That Novo looks so cool! I need to stop watching YouTube videos of them.
    Still here...