SUBSCRIPTIONS! Get image uploads and no ads!

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    For Admin: I asked this before, but I'd really like to subscribe.

Unfortunately, I still have the issue I had then: only way for me right now is with a Debit Card.

If it changes for you at some point and you can do it this way, please let me know. 

Thank you :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigAl100BigAl100 Frets: 100
    done
  • Done. Small price to pay for the use of the classifieds.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 771
    Subscribed! 

Why didn’t I do this sooner?! 
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    Subscribed - small price to pay 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    I mean to do this a year ago but never actually hit the button. Now rectified... 

Also well worth noting Imgur is about to delete all the anonymous images, which is another great reason to encourage people towards a more sustainable option @digitalscream in case you weren't already aware - might be worth a thread on it? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7240
    edited April 2023
    I suppose that means that there will be a lot of threads with blank boxes where people linked to "anonymous" images that will be removed by imgur..
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    BillDL said:
    I suppose that means that there will be a lot of threads with blank boxes where people linked to "anonymous" images that will be removed by imgur..
    Yup, looks like. They might put a placeholder "Imgur was here" sort of thing but that's hardly better PR, so who knows... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Just signed up this morning. PSA: took about 20-25 minutes before the ads subsided, so be patient (something I am terrible at). 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26587
    bobacco said:
    Just signed up this morning. PSA: took about 20-25 minutes before the ads subsided, so be patient (something I am terrible at). 
    Thanks for the support :)

It's bloody frustrating that the delay occurs like that - near as I can tell, Patreon do a pre-auth when you first subscribe (so it looks like the money's been taken), and then take the money 10-30 minutes later - it's only then that this site gets the notification that you've subscribed.

I've tried a few ways to get it to behave better, but to no avail :(
    <space for hire>
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    bobacco said:

It's bloody frustrating that the delay occurs like that - near as I can tell, Patreon do a pre-auth when you first subscribe (so it looks like the money's been taken), and then take the money 10-30 minutes later - it's only then that this site gets the notification that you've subscribed.

I initially thought it may be because I had a different email here to that which I’d used on Patreon. I updated the email here and confirmed it prior to signing up, so not sure if that may have slowed things? Probably not, but either way it wasn’t a painful experience!

Happy to support! :)

bobacco said:
    bobacco said:

I initially thought it may be because I had a different email here to that which I’d used on Patreon. I updated the email here and confirmed it prior to signing up, so not sure if that may have slowed things? Probably not, but either way it wasn’t a painful experience!

Happy to support! :)
    It wouldn't have slowed things down - it simply meant that it actually worked. Looks like the delay actually worked to your advantage :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    As someone who resists subscriptions, can I donate directly via PayPal?

(I'm flogging off a lot of my collection with ads here, and it seems fair to send some to keep tFB's hamsters going.)
    goldtop said:
    As someone who resists subscriptions, can I donate directly via PayPal?

(I'm flogging off a lot of my collection with ads here, and it seems fair to send some to keep tFB's hamsters going.)
    You sure can - I'll chuck you a PM shortly.
    <space for hire>
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 327
    Just subscribed, took me a while but I can only afford one forum sub and had to wait to cancel the other one. Small price to pay for all the help I’ve received , the classified and the easier image posting.
    UPDATE: Patreon still aren't offering it, so as an alternative...you can send £42 to PayPal instead and that'll get you a year's membership. Don't forget to put your username and "Annual Subscription" in the notes!

(I've updated the OP too)
    <space for hire>
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2527
    UPDATE: Patreon still aren't offering it, so as an alternative...you can send £42 to PayPal instead and that'll get you a year's membership. Don't forget to put your username and "Annual Subscription" in the notes!

Not sure I did this ^ is there a way to check?

Yep - you're on Patreon, not a manual annual subscription. You can switch, if you want; just cancel your Patreon subscription, chuck the money across to admin@thefretboard.co.uk, and I'll add the 12 months to your current expiry date.
    <space for hire>
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2527

Yep - you're on Patreon, not a manual annual subscription. You can switch, if you want; just cancel your Patreon subscription, chuck the money across to admin@thefretboard.co.uk, and I'll add the 12 months to your current expiry date.
    Patreon is fine by me :+1: 

• WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
    I didn’t put my user name to my subscription I just did sorry