SUBSCRIPTIONS! Get image uploads and no ads!

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    edited September 2023
    I subscribed a while ago but I frequently get hit with ‘your photo is too large’ when trying to post an iPhone pic on the forum. Then I have to faff about turning it into a jpeg and smaller (which I do by emailing it to myself and then resaving it, is there a better way?) and then trying again. Any plans @digitalscream to increase the size of pics you can just drag and drop?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I subscribed a while ago but I frequently get hit with ‘your photo is too large’ when trying to post an iPhone pic on the forum. Then I have to faff about turning it into a jpeg and smaller (which I do by emailing it to myself and then resaving it, is there a better way?) and then trying again. Any plans @digitalscream to increase the size of pics you can just drag and drop?
    Not immediately - the price of the subscription is based mostly on the size of images and the cost of the storage over 10 years. It's a movable feast, so for example if I bump the limit up to 5MB, there'll just be someone else who wants it at 6MB etc.

The simplest option (which I use) is just to set the camera resolution to 1080p before taking photos for upload here.

Now, of course, the forum is supposed to convert the images before storing them...but it doesn't, because something's broken and I've been periodically trying to figure out exactly why that's happening. Being stupid, though, it doesn't actually give any error messages so I can't even work out where it's going wrong. It just silently stores the original somewhere along the line. As soon as I can fix that, I'll put an announcement in here.
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6816
    I subscribed a while ago but I frequently get hit with ‘your photo is too large’ when trying to post an iPhone pic on the forum. Then I have to faff about turning it into a jpeg and smaller (which I do by emailing it to myself and then resaving it, is there a better way?) and then trying again. Any plans @digitalscream to increase the size of pics you can just drag and drop?
    There’s an option at bottom left of image selector on iPhone to resize the photo - I choose medium and it works well.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    IMG_8138.png 122.5K
  • Seanw1Seanw1 Frets: 33
    Hi. I subscribed but still can post images. Does something need to be activated? Thanks 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seanw1 said:
    Hi. I subscribed but still can post images. Does something need to be activated? Thanks 
    Apologies, I have no idea what happened there - the email addresses match, it just didn't add the required access. That's fixed now!
    <space for hire>
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    On iPhone/iPad, if I’m adding a photo from my library and the file size is too large, I tap “show selected” at the bottom of the screen, then tap on “Actual Size”:

You then get options for different sizes:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    Why didn’t I do this when it was launched? This is so much easier for adding images and small price to pay for use of the place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally got round to it... I'm in