The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• If you go in the Google Home app or whatever it's called, press the device want to use and there should be an option at the bottom called "Cast My Screen" which will show whatever's on your phone. Does mean you have to leave your phone on the whole time but in the absence of the cable method it might be of use
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited August 2022
      Chelsea £70m for Fofana....best central defensive talent in the world apparently....who has helped Leicester to 7 clean sheets in his 37 games (and most of those with Schmeichel doing his stuff in goal)......
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11892
    He's not even been capped by France.  His potential is still very raw.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Anyone with a VPN…a peacock premium account is the way forward. $50 for the year and over 165 live premier league games and all games available as replays. (Plus all the other stuff available on peacock tv) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27647
    edited August 2022
    Could easily have lost that - and didn’t do enough to have won it.

(Spurs).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Well….glad that’s out the way 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    joneve said:
    Got him as my captain. And what about Lingard???? (Joke!!!!) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    TTony said:

(Spurs).
    Great game! I agree. Probably my favourite fixture of the calender. Absolutely love hosting your lot, so much entertainment. :) 
    joneve said:
    Got him as my captain. And what about Lingard???? (Joke!!!!) 
    Will be interesting to see who starts against Tinpot FC on sat. He gave Lodi a start tonight after one training session with the club, so could be anyone! 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11327
    TTony said:

(Spurs).
    Bloody awful game. We seemed to lack ambition. Passing it across the back three, then into midfield, and back again to the bsck three.

It's all well and good trying to defend a 1-0 lead away from home but 2-0 would be better, and we nearly lost it right at the end.

We gave players who are not in good form, and yesterday's newbie Bissouma was poor. As starts to the season go it's not terrible, but it's painful to watch. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14319
    tFB Trader
    I watched a fair bit of the Arsenal/Villa game - Arsenal look a very good side to watch, at the moment - So much intensity with a fast slick build up - Not sure who else watched it, but how was that not a penalty for Saka when Mings tugged him down in the 1st half - Anywhere else on the pitch it would be a foul so why is it still not a foul in the penalty area and var said no as well

Then watched all the LFC v Geordie boys game - Good game to watch as a neutral - NUFC unlucky not to get a point - Isak looks like he could be a good option for them 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Bloody hell, another hat trick for Haarland! The guy is a beast. I sooo wanted Man U to sign him a few years back, and it could have happened that season that they came 2nd and looked like a functioning team. Apparently he was good pals with Manager Ole at the time. If they had chucked huge wages at him he may have come (probably wishful thinking!)

City look unstoppable this season unfortunately. Generally I don't care who wins the prem if Man U don't, but I really don't want City winning every year, that could kill us as the best league in the world. 
    axisus said:
    Bloody hell, another hat trick for Haarland! The guy is a beast. I sooo wanted Man U to sign him a few years back, and it could have happened that season that they came 2nd and looked like a functioning team. Apparently he was good pals with Manager Ole at the time. If they had chucked huge wages at him he may have come (probably wishful thinking!)

City look unstoppable this season unfortunately. Generally I don't care who wins the prem if Man U don't, but I really don't want City winning every year, that could kill us as the best league in the world. 
    The whole team is on another level. Relentless, precise and just ridiculous. Adding Haaland to the mix have basically transformed them to God mode. Can't see anyone catching them once Arsenal have their annual Autumn meltdown once the weather turns bad. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Having Haaland is fkg cheating. Simple as that  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said

City look unstoppable this season unfortunately. 
    They’ll still get knocked out in the CL quarters/semis though, and as that’s their main target, they’ll still see themselves as failing.

;)

scrumhalf said:
    We gave players who are not in good form, and yesterday's newbie Bissouma was poor. As starts to the season go it's not terrible, but it's painful to watch. 
    Sonny too - but do you drop him to the bench, or wait for him to have a lucky break and play himself back into form?  Given what he’s done over the past many seasons, I’d give him the time to recover form.

Bissouma was better in th second half.

Did that game show how important Bentancur is to the team?  He just does “stuff” that makes the team work without ever being particularly noticeable.  Even after all the activity in this transfer window, I’d still put him and Kulusevski in our top 3 acquisitions (Perisic being the other) of recent seasons.
  • TTony said:
    axisus said

They’ll still get knocked out in the CL quarters/semis though, and as that’s their main target......
    ;)

As a City fan for nearly 50 years, let me tell you, its really not.
    Well, they don’t need half the team they’ve got to be in with a damn good chance of just winning the PL again ...
    jellyroll said:
    TTony said:
    axisus said

They’ll still get knocked out in the CL quarters/semis though, and as that’s their main target......
    ;)

Champions of Europe...you'll never sing that :) 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    jellyroll said:
    TTony said:
    axisus said

;)

As a United fan, I get this. The press used to love hammering us when we got knocked out of Europe but honestly, having grown up surrounded by Liverpool and Everton fans (back when being a United fan was the polar opposite of being a glory-hunter) crowing about us not winning the League, the League was all I ever really wanted us to do well in.

Playing every team home and away and finishing top of the pile - that's the true test of a team. It was great when we did well in the other competitions but the League, that's what matters.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis