Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14315
    tFB Trader
    Tuchel Gone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022 tFB Trader
    Tuchel Gone
    Wow - You win the champions league have a few iffy games and then get kicked in the groin

I had FFL to be sacked first at Everton 

So who will come in and take on that role now at Chelsea - Poch ? - would not be the first time he has followed Tuchel
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23013
    I was joking about that with my Chelsea-supporting friend yesterday evening. Still a bit surprised.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    Tuchel Gone
    Pochettino? Zidane? 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

tFB Trader
    CHRISB50 said:
    Tuchel Gone
    Pochettino? Zidane? 
    long shot - Potter ?????
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Apparently the PL spent more on transfers in the last window than Spain, Germany, Italy combined 
    GDP?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    I don't know if there are many Chelsea fans here but to me, Tuchel seems like a top manager. He won the CL a year ago and they're 6th in the league and just won a local derby.

I really don't know what they're thinking. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Tuchel Gone
    Bloody hell! That's a shocker! Sorry for Tuchel he seems like a decent guy but ha ha to Chelsea, I hope it goes even more pear shaped!

Owners seem to think that sacking a manager is the route to success, I'd say take a look at Man U's woeful decade. Personally if I had a decent manager I'd hang on to him through leaner times. Football has ups and downs. 

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Absolutely fkg bonkers.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    I don't know if there are many Chelsea fans here but to me, Tuchel seems like a top manager. He won the CL a year ago and they're 6th in the league and just won a local derby.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    This didn't age well - the BBC Sport website at 8.44am:

"Thomas Tuchel had some damning words for his team and for himself after the defeat at Dinamo - and it's not the first time he's said them this season.

He sounded as bemused as after defeats at Leeds United and Southampton.

His task is to blend this Chelsea team together and at at the moment there are issues everywhere.

He's clearly not happy but he has the side he wants now and his job is to try to make it work. He's admitted that.

For Tuchel's 100th game in charge, this was a very forgettable one and they're playing catch up already in the Champions League.

I don't think we're at the stage where he's under pressure. The owner and the manager are pretty tight and have worked very closely this summer to get the players he wanted.

He'll have plenty of time - but he has to get it right, and get it right quickly".

Jesus, I thought Abramovic was mental....

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9833
    edited September 2022
    That does seem a bit mad, especially as any new manager will have to work with his players as there aren't really any worthwhile free agents that I'm aware of. I never really liked Tuchel or his teams but he did win stuff with them against various odds (although the one season my club West Brom played against them we scored 8 goals against them in two matches, considering we couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo for the rest of the season that did seem quite odd)

Edit, I felt he had a certain Henry Kreel from Stranger Things vibe about him

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited September 2022 tFB Trader

I agree - Doesn't stack up to me - Obviously we don't know how he got on with the new owners and/or how they were impressed with each other - Maybe they didn't like his theatrics v Spurs - His negative comments after last nights defeat - Even his 'we were the better team' comments after losing 3-0 to Leeds - Some American's like a clean cut professional image as their 'front man' - So maybe the issue was not about what happened on the pitch over the last few games - Just a hunch
    Tuchel Gone
    Wow - You win the champions league have a few iffy games and then get kicked in the groin

I had FFL to be sacked first at Everton 

So who will come in and take on that role now at Chelsea - Poch ? - would not be the first time he has followed Tuchel
    It’s the Chelsea way. Look at Di Matteo. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• In fairness Tuchel is a million times better manager than Di Matteo
    Brendan Rodgers will be looking for a new challenge soon....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    In fairness Tuchel is a million times better manager than Di Matteo
    He is.

Di Matteo was always a dead man walking, even though he won the CL. 

He wasn’t the name RA wanted, so first excuse he had he got rid. 

They are a really shitty club. I hate the way they are run. Doesn’t seem like anything changed with the new owner either. 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27642
    Well, that's a little bit of madness!

Spend £250m (?) in the summer, then sack the manager just a few games later?

Still, great from a Spurs perspective, I thought he was a decent-enough manager.  Agree with  @Philly_Q that Rodgers is probably going to be available shortly, but not sure how far his reputation has fallen this/last season.  Maybe the new owner has got a favourite baseball coach to bring over?
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • CHRISB50 said:
    In fairness Tuchel is a million times better manager than Di Matteo
    He is.

Di Matteo was always a dead man walking, even though he won the CL. 

He wasn’t the name RA wanted, so first excuse he had he got rid. 

They are a really shitty club. I hate the way they are run. Doesn’t seem like anything changed with the new owner either. 
    We (west brom) had RDM for a season and a bit, it looked like he did well for us in the first season but essentially we just had better players having just been relegated, and we just had a Plan A which happened to work. We started really well (6-0 loss to Chelsea aside) but then he ran out of ideas and we didn't seem to win a match for ages. Always seemed a great chap, but I'd say more of a coach than a manager. His record as a manager since seems to bear that out as well unfortunately
    To play devil's advocate, Tuchel hasn't done himself any favours by slagging off the team after every poor performance this season, as if it was all nothing to do with him.  In fact he seems to have gone slightly mad - and the signs were already there at the end of last season.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom