Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Ryan Adams

What's Hot
The new Ryan Adams album is currently streaming here

Release date is next Monday

Enjoy!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Cheers, will go grab a listen - got tickets for Manchester next month, looking forward to it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty good on first listen :)

Got tickets for Glasgow, looking forward to that too.
  • I'd very much like to go to Manchester but I wish he'd do more dates around the country. He's a big fave of mine.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Unfortunately, I'm always disappointed with Ryan Adams' albums since Gold. Nothing he's done since comes close IMO. 

He's awesome live though. Saw him on the Gold Tour at the Astoria and he played an acoustic set on his own followed by a full band set, for over 2 hours breaking the curfew, all with a broken hand. He was totally coked up, but it was still one of the best gigs I've ever been to. 
  • I saw him at Brixton academy on the Gold tour and he stormed off after three songs.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • I've seen him a few times in Birmingham. The Gold tour was great. Then one gig was cancelled when he broke I his hand (in Liverpool?). Saw a great gig around the time of Cold Roses, but something pissed him off during the encore and he stormed off then.

One of the few artists that genuinely gave me a spence of "anything could happen". 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    edited September 2014
    Lol. Yea, I think we got him on a good day. He was (maybe still is?) definitely very cunty and one of "those" guys who feels they are entitled but he writes incredible music. It's a shame because you missed a good show. 

Cant' believe that was 12 years ago :-|

• I listened to the stream and I like it so far. I'll sync it on Spotify next week and give it the "drive to work" test.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I am surprised that I like this. But I like this. I like it a lot. There's something about it... 

It's currently listed at $9.99 for pre-order. If it's that price to walk in to the shops and buy it when it comes out here on Friday I'll jump on that definitely!! That's a steal. Around five of your English quids that is!

I really like the guitar work. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • He's definitely a bit hit and miss live..

Totally amazing on the Gold and Rock n Roll/Love is Hell Tours (completely awful in between!)

Then imo pretty average on anything afterwards, especially with the Cardinals, but then back on form with his acoustic shows for Ashes and Fire.
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    edited September 2014
    It's currently listed at $9.99 for pre-order. If it's that price to walk in to the shops and buy it when it comes out here on Friday I'll jump on that definitely!! That's a steal. Around five of your English quids that is!

Glad you like it.

That's a great price its £10.99 on pre order on Amazon here 
    :x
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Cheers, will check it out.
  • guitari said:

Glad you like it.

That's a great price its £10.99 on pre order on Amazon here 
    :x
    Didn't happen :( It went up to $19.99 
    D'oh.
    But I downloaded my favourite 2 songs off iTunes (Gimme Something Good, Trouble) :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Also worth checking out is the B side from the Gimme Something Good single, Aching for More. Featuring Johnny Depp on guitar (there's something I never thought I'd be typing..)

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2014
    guitari said:
     Featuring Johnny Depp on guitar (there's something I never thought I'd be typing..)

Didn't he play on an Oasis track once?

*edit* He did, I know some shit
  • Played "My Wrecking Ball" on my show last week. Back in form at last.
  • Mr Depp has been known to get up on stage and play with Aerosmith. He also appears on one of the songs on their most recent studio venture. ;)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5606
    I streamed the album and I rather liked it.
    'Gimme Something Good' is getting plenty of plays on 6Music just now but I keep thinking it's 'Big Log' by Robert Plant until the chorus kicks in. Decent chorus though.

• Just listening to the album now. It's beautiful. I might have to finally get a princeton based on this.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    this is a superb album.

Gold was an amazing album and I thought "this is it, this is Ryan's showcase", and a few bits and bobs where released and then Easy Tiger came along and I thought "this is it, this is Ryans showcase", and a few bits and bobs where released a few nice tracks and then Ryan Adams was released and I thoughht "this is it, this is Ryans showcase".

It's a great album, you can absorb it and listen to it without listening to it, and then when you sit down and make an effort to listen to it, it's an even better album.

This to me completes a fantastic trio of top notch, maybe once a career albums, Gold, Easy Tiger, Ryan Adams, to have made one of these would have been an achievement, to deliver all three, amazing work.