Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Ryan Adams

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27842
    edited September 2014
    Will have to get this based on the itunes preview of track 1 alone :)

I love Gold and Heartbreaker, R&R is excellent despite it being cool to slag it off, and Love is Hell is fantastic if you're in the right mood. 

Everything since has been a bit meh. I've always thought if he'd released one album every 3 years instead of 1 a year picking the best third of his material he'd be one of the best regarded artists around.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Getting into this now after giving it a fair chance. I always thought Demolition had some great tracks and worked well as an album, even though IIRC it was a collection of unreleased stuff.

Haven't seen it yet but he was on Jools last night (and again on Friday). 
  • Going to see him on Wed. my 10th RA gig. Cant wait as he seems happy with the new band.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    I thought I was listening to Sheryl Crow's 'My favourite mistake' when the first track came on. Having said that, I do like his sound. Princeton Reverb. Want one!
  • Seen the Later performances ( complete with Princetons). His hair annoyed me a lot but otherwise very enjoyable ( and certainly the hi light of this week's episodes).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    After a miserable shopping trip today I went into HMV to cheer myself up and bought the new album on cd. Will stick it in the car for a few weeks and report back. On another note I haven't been into Oxford Street HMV for months and was surprised by the large amount of vinyl that they had in stock, blurs parklife, beatles all reissued in mono, royal bloods first album, arctic monkeys latest release.
  • one of my absolute heroes. i wanna catch the manchester gig but i refuse to pay 30-odd quid a ticket for anyone
    How very rock and roll
  • Music notwithstanding, which i find really dull regardless, the guy is a fucking pratt
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely JM with Mastery bridge on the Jools clip. Excellent :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522

I've heard it a couple of times now and it's pretty good. A couple of my mates are massive fans. I was disappointed this wasn't on it though:

All practice and no theory
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    edited September 2014
    I finally watched Jools on the iplayer last night. Ryan was great imo - I agree about how focussed he seems. Lovely guitar sounds from those Fenders. I wish I was going to see him now :( .
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Caught up with Jools last night as well

Was anyone else screening "he nicked the idea from Neil Young" when Jools asked Ryan about the big amp set?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, total rip off from Neil Young's stage set.

RA sounding good though.
  • Started watching the iTunes gig last night (you can stream it for a limited time apparently).

I'm about halfway through and there's plenty from the new album, plus a great slightly slower version of "Let it Ride" from the Cold Roses album. 

Really liking the band he's got with him now.
  • one of my absolute heroes. i wanna catch the manchester gig but i refuse to pay 30-odd quid a ticket for anyone

£120 currently on 'sites'. Thankfiully I wangled guest list as it sold out in about 10 minutes. Tiny new venue, and the manics are doing the holy bible there in Dec!
  • Was a great gig. Within first few songs he clearly wasnt happy with set, chucked it away and just threw in loads of very rarely played tracks, that even the band didnt know too well. Lost a lot of the 'casual' ticket buyers but a real treat for fans of earlier LPs. Not overly won over by that venue. Old Church, Very quiet overall, Way too many people IMO, you literally couldnt get into the auditorium after popping out from the front for a bog break. Im re thinking even wanting to go and see the manics do the Holy Bible there.
  • Setlist looks good @lustycourier glad you enjoyed it, shame the venue wasn't up to scratch.

The Glasgow show tonight is the the Royal Concert Hall, which in itself is a great venue, but not sure it'll be suited for RA with a full electric band..