Between neck and middle position on strat quiet..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    KevS said:

Dave Mc

I think Funkfingers totally means well by the way and knows way more than I do about guitars...
    Ah, I didn't mean he didn't- I meant I would follow @ICBM as sometimes it's not always easy to post a photo if the guitar is back together already! @Funkfingers is great, I know he helps a ton as well :) 

I haven't tried the Stonetones, but they definitely seem to be on the hotter side of things (that's why I wasn't too annoyed that I don't need any more Strat pickups, I think I prefer lower output Strat pickups too). I would guess 500k pots would be worth a try, at least if you have some hanging around. I would doubt, if they're currently not bright/sparkly enough, that going to 500k would take your head off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    KevS said:
    I think Funkfingers totally means well.
    Damned by faint praise.

The four hundred miles to Edinburgh is beyond the range of my telepathy and/or superhero x-ray vision. For this, I humbly apologise. 

Meanwhile, I am surprised that Oil City Pickups tapped rod magnets into the fibreboard plates the wrong way up (or charged them themselves in reverse). If this is the case, there ought to be further reports of similar problems from other purchasers of the limited edition anniversary Stone Tone sets.
    LOL I didn't mean to call your assistance into question :) I know you help a ton, too (and have helped me a lot in the past as well) :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    Funkfingers is great at spotting things I've overlooked with my sometimes overly logical linear thought process :). Throwing a  less likely possibility into the mix AKA a (diagnostic) spanner into the works is sometimes the best way to catch a more unusual fault.

This one was more of a "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" (©A. Conan Doyle) - although I thought it unlikely that Ash would have accidentally wired a pickup backwards, it does appear to be the case...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KevSKevS Frets: 628
    ICBM said:
    Funkfingers is great at spotting things I've overlooked with my sometimes overly logical linear thought process :). Throwing a  less likely possibility into the mix AKA a (diagnostic) spanner into the works is sometimes the best way to catch a more unusual fault.

This one was more of a "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" (©A. Conan Doyle) - although I thought it unlikely that Ash would have accidentally wired a pickup backwards, it does appear to be the case...

I've spent all my money again..
    On guitars..lol

So I need to save up a little more..

Maybe you know more about this ICBM..

I think I need to seek out some 2001 2007 American Series Strat Pickups..
    The ones before It was called the American Standard again..
    The last ones with the block saddles rather than the bent saddles..
    Gently staggered polepieces..

I like them more than the Texas Specials I have in my other Strat..
    They are Goldilocks pickups it seems,,for me of course..
    I'm sure lots of people must have sets from when they have put in 
    boutique pickups and pickups considered more upmarket..

I don't know if you personally come across them anymore..
    Would you just advertise on here..
    I avoid reverb,,The prices are insane..

I never did like the Delta volume control,,or needed it with these pickups..
    I've heard of them being referred to as Delta Tone Pickups though..
  • KevSKevS Frets: 628
    I'm reading the Neck and Middle are Tex Mex re branded..