SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Scott Walker Jimson, sonic blue, Walker case, 4-way tele

What's Hot
Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
One piece Sugar Pine body in Sonic Blue nitro;
"C" shape neck, with softened shoulders and hidden fret tangs;
Scott-wound pickups;
4 way switch - parallel or series choice;
Push/pull in or out of phase switch;
42mm bone nut;
Jescar frets;
Glendale saddles;
Copper shielded Italian celluloid pickguard;
Original Walker case. Massive and weighs a ton (but the guitar is only 7lb 2 oz).

It is signed in gold pen on the back of the head stock (along with a serial number) but the gold ink is quite faded and more easily 
viewed from certain angles. Small dink on the back of the neck, and the pick guard is slightly lifting on the top edge. 

These guitars are $7500 new (and that’s with a G&G case, not the work of art Walker case this one is in).  There is a four year waiting list now, too, and the list is currently closed.

https://i.imgur.com/wFqNHyr.jpg

£2,950 plus postage & insurance
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 987
    edited May 2022
    Rather lovely..deserves to be on display

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    Thank you @AlbertC.  My imgur ability is hit and miss.  I do appreciate your help.  It is a lovely tele.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Stunning. I've always admired this guitar. You have great taste in guitars that are just a touch out of the ordinary and very lovely.
    Call me Dave.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    played one at  North American Guitar............superb 
     you had the Ruokangas strat ............probably the 2 finest single coil guitars you could buy
    edited May 2022
    Thanks @Dominic.  I still have the Ruokangas.  I have some very fine guitars right now (including some rather lovely’s MIM Fenders - a Cray, a Jimmy Vaughan and a Brad Paisley).  I’m not really sure why I am having a clear out, but I am.  The only safe guitar is my Brook acoustic and, possibly, the Brad Paisley.
    The detail and crispness in the tail volute on the headstock is pure testimony to the quality
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    During his guitar making career, Scott Walker hand carved acoustic guitar necks at Santa Cruz Guitar Company.  His necks and the tail volute are superb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    edited May 2022
    Wow that hasn’t lasted long????

I owned it for 3 years, decent cool looking guitar but very different to a fender, the case is a work of art though. 

Good luck with the sale. 

edited May 2022
    Thank you.  What can I say?  I am very fickle and I like losing money when I sell!  Nobody’s fault but my own.  I’m not quite sure what my motivation is. It is probably the finest guitar I have owned (right up there with Huber and Ruokangas). The case is lovely, but weighs a ton.
    Treewig1 said:
    Thank you.  What can I say?  I am very fickle and I like losing money when I sell!  Nobody’s fault but my own.  I’m not quite sure what my motivation is. It is probably the finest guitar I have owned (right up there with Huber and Ruokangas).
    Not as nice as the Gretsch Penguin IMO but still a cool guitar. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I was looking at that Penguin when you had it, and  was thinking about it at the time, but this is an absolute stunner. I remember absolutely drooling over it when Fred  @danishbacon sold it.

I'm sorted for T-types with the LSL at the moment, but this Jimson hasn't lost any of it's loveliness. One of your coolest!

Call me Dave.
    Thank you Dave.  I’m not quite sure why I’m selling my finest.  I’m working too hard and playing too little and that may be at the heart of it.  
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12571
    Whoever buys this will have No Regrets.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
    DB1 said:
    I was looking at that Penguin when you had it, and  was thinking about it at the time, but this is an absolute stunner. I remember absolutely drooling over it when Fred  @danishbacon sold it.

I'm sorted for T-types with the LSL at the moment, but this Jimson hasn't lost any of it's loveliness. One of your coolest!

This is a cool tele for sure.
    Bump
    Thought I’d try this again.  A very fine guitar.  
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    edited August 2022
    Wow, absolutely stunning guitar. Totally out of my price range unfortunately, but I can appreciate its beauty and class. 
    Poor thing must be feeling unwanted, lol

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8960
    Sweet Jesus that’s gorgeous :hushed: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Poor thing must be feeling unwanted, lol

Not so much 'unwanted' as 'unknown quantity '
    I notice the guitars you put up for sale are almost always a bit left field ......you are a bit of a victim of your own exquisite taste.
    They are the always very highest level of boutique instruments ,superb quality like Ruokangas, this one etc and a lot of people just don't have the familiarity or the balls to stray away from Fender /Gibson Custom shop....not realising that some of this stuff leaves them miles behind .
    I had a Ruokangas Mojo .......stupidly I sold it to a Fretboarder ,but it really was the best made/playing and sounding guitar I have ever been able to play.I'm sure your Ruokangas is in a different league to a Fender Custom shop but so many people don't know the brand well enough.
    I'm sure this Walker is a similar scenario.
    Somebody is missing out on a mega instrument.