SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Scott Walker Jimson, sonic blue, Walker case, 4-way tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    edited September 2022
    You have beautifully and perfectly summed up my guitar buying @dominic.  The Scott Walker is probably the finest guitar I have owned though  (up there with Huber and Ruokangas but the neck carve and tail volute probably gives it the edge, even over those very fine guitars). The case is lovely, too, but weighs a ton.  At least I am in the position of genuinely not minding if I don’t sell: I’ve still got the Ruokangas and it is superb.  As I said above though, I am just fickle and I like buying new guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    edited August 2022
    Dominic said:
    Poor thing must be feeling unwanted, lol

Not so much 'unwanted' as 'unknown quantity '
    I notice the guitars you put up for sale are almost always a bit left field ......you are a bit of a victim of your own exquisite taste.
    They are the always very highest level of boutique instruments ,superb quality like Ruokangas, this one etc and a lot of people just don't have the familiarity or the balls to stray away from Fender /Gibson Custom shop....not realising that some of this stuff leaves them miles behind .
    I had a Ruokangas Mojo .......stupidly I sold it to a Fretboarder ,but it really was the best made/playing and sounding guitar I have ever been able to play.I'm sure your Ruokangas is in a different league to a Fender Custom shop but so many people don't know the brand well enough.
    I'm sure this Walker is a similar scenario.
    Somebody is missing out on a mega instrument.

I’m not a victim of anything here, lol. I owned this guitar for three years and sold/traded it for a realistic value. 
    Great guitar to look at. 

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I think @Dominic was addressing @Treewig1 - this really is a lovely guitar.
    Call me Dave.
    Bump
    Bump