Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot
1192021222325»

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    It was great to get together and run through these tracks. Worth noting for anyone who gives the videos a watch who wasn't there that we did not mic up the amps, etc.

@onlyonebradders - many thanks for capturing these performances.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Ah I enjoyed watching these back, it was a good day
  • Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 788
    Will watch the videos tomorrow. Thank you @onlyonebradders ;
  • Thanks for doing these so quickly.  

I was hidden quite nicely in the group photo.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Thanks @onlyonebradders ;

Another great day ! 
    How long before the next one, no seriously? 

A few of you mentioned you were in bands pre covid but not any more so I began wondering if we should make this more regular than once a year. 

What do we think? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6869
    I’d be up for another one in 3-4 months time. I enjoy them, but need enough time to learn a few new songs each time otherwise they can be a bit repetitive (though better than playing the same set in a band every week).
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I’d be up for another one in 3-4 months time. I enjoy them, but need enough time to learn a few new songs each time otherwise they can be a bit repetitive (though better than playing the same set in a band every week).
    Totally agree and that sounds like a perfect time frame so that's January-Feburary 2023. 

So I guess we need to start up another spreadsheet. Calling spreadsheetman @stratman as you did a superb job last time. 
  • Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:
    Totally agree and that sounds like a perfect time frame so that's January-Feburary 2023. 

So I guess we need to start up another spreadsheet. Calling spreadsheetman @stratman as you did a superb job last time. 

Let's check whether it's definitely going ahead first, then I can start a new list of songs.

It's not a competition.
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:

It just needs a keen person to start a new thread and get enough people to agree a date ;)  These events only work when theres enough real musicians (singers, bassists and drummers) to cover the parts, theres always tons of guitarists available ;)  

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:

It just needs a keen person to start a new thread and get enough people to agree a date ;)  These events only work when theres enough real musicians (singers, bassists and drummers) to cover the parts, theres always tons of guitarists available ;)  

On it! 
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:

On it! 
    Done! 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/236092/western-jam-early-2023-factory-studios-bristol
  • I'm thinking it's time the Water Rats crew were reassembled.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Well done @Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:

On it! 
    Done! 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/236092/western-jam-early-2023-factory-studios-bristol
    You are a star! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Just a note that I'm going to delete the most of the previous spreadsheets up to the last one to clean up my Imgur pictures.

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @stratman3142 if you do it in google sheets it can be shared with everyone. Then we can see the live document and make our own edits. Happy to set this up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited October 2022
    roberty said:
    @stratman3142 if you do it in google sheets it can be shared with everyone. Then we can see the live document and make our own edits. Happy to set this up

Perhaps that's the approach we should use for the next one. I wonder whether it might be better to just have one (or two) people doing the editing based on discussions on the thread, so we can keep track.

I wasn't sure whether everyone Excel which is why I used pictures last time.

@roberty if you want to set up something in Google sheets, do you want my Excel spreadsheet to use as a template? Or should I set it up. I've not used Google sheets before but had a quick look and it seems simple enough.

It's not a competition.
    roberty said:

Perhaps that's the approach we should use for the next one. I wonder whether it might be better to just have one (or two) people doing the editing based on discussions on the thread, so we can keep track.

I wasn't sure whether everyone Excel which is why I used pictures last time.

@roberty if you want to set up something in Google sheets, do you want my Excel spreadsheet to use as a template?

Totally agree regarding having one or two people editing the spreadsheet. 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Believe we tried the google sheet approach fir the first jam at Factory and discovered that not everyone has/wants to install google drive, etc. We also found that engagement dropped in the discussion thread as those who had access updated the sheet but often didn't also post what they had input in the thread, which made it difficult for those without access to keep track of progress on the setlist. We quickly reverted to one person capturing everything posted in the thread in excel and posting periodic updates into the thread as @stratman3142 did so admirably last time.