Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• Yes thanks to @Brocco for setting things off and organising things on the day, and @roberty for organising the studio.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Crazed_FandangoCrazed_Fandango Frets: 61
    edited October 2022
    roberty said:
    Still haven't quite recovered from @Vibetronic and @stratman's epic shred-off
    Yes, as the least experienced guitarist, I had the task of following @Vibetronic for my only lead part. 

I'm sure my guitars don't have as many notes on as those guys find. :dizzy: 
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    roberty said:
    Yes, as the least experienced guitarist, I had the task of following @Vibetronic for my only lead part. 

I'm sure my guitars don't have as many notes on as those guys find. :dizzy: 
    you did a great job! Especially the 2nd solo on the last time round of Rocking in the Free World - your soloing was really confident and sounded great :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    I'm still recovering from @roberty's epic bass sound.

Now I know what it would sound like if you combined JJ Burnel, John Entwistle and Mike Kerr.

Hopefully the structural integrity of the studio is still OK :)

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    roberty said:
    I'm still recovering from @roberty's epic bass sound.

Now I know what it would sound like if you combined JJ Burnel, John Entwistle and Mike Kerr.

Hopefully the structural integrity of the studio is still OK :)

It was these:

And this:

And my poor old fender guitar combo which I have apologising to ever since
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Big thanks to @Brocco @roberty and @stratman3142 for organising another great day. Great to meet everyone and looking forward to the next one.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6855
    Forget of find out who camera it was - are they going to be ok to upload to youtube so we can relive the event? I know its an arse to do (I did that and a recording at a previous jam) - so appreciate the effort involved.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Forget of find out who camera it was - are they going to be ok to upload to youtube so we can relive the event? I know its an arse to do (I did that and a recording at a previous jam) - so appreciate the effort involved.
    That was @onlyonebradders - he's got to go through them and edit them down and possibly find the best version of each.  Not sure how he's getting on, or if he's even had a chance to start!

I'll nudge him at least to find the team photo and the vid of the shred-off, though.   =)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• As a semi-pro photographer, I can appreciate the time taken to get this done.  I'm currently 3 months behind on my photos.
    Did anyone end up with two extra 0.5m XLR to TRS cables afterwards? Ive misplaced mine and last had them when packing my gear last Friday.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Give the studio a call.
    Give the studio a call.
    I checked the room was empty before we left. Will check through my bag of cables again.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
     Me watching myself on video 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:

Our self awareness is weird isn’t it. I was thinking how great your voice was as you understood your range and developed a unique style to work with it, where I feel I’m just a shouter. Lots of singers seem to hate their voice, but there’s nothing that can be done about it apart from learn it’s strengths and limitations and work with them. Just forget it’s you and think are they doing a good performance?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • 0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Andy! Didn’t realise that was an entire playlist at first. Much appreciated!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Thanks Andy! Didn’t realise that was an entire playlist at first. Much appreciated!
    Yes I didn't notice that it was an entire playlist of songs until you mentioned it and I clicked on the text at the top left of the video. Thanks for doing this @onlyonebradders ;

It's not a competition.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    roberty said:

!! I'd happily have you in any band I've been in! Thanks for the vids @onlyonebradders :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @mart wins the "groover of the day" award again - makes the rest of us look like we're statues ;) I must work on my stage moves!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mrkb said:
    @mart wins the "groover of the day" award again - makes the rest of us look like we're statues ;) I must work on my stage moves!
    It's the only exercise I get all year, so I have to make the most of it. :)

Many thanks @onlyonebradders for putting that set of videos together - it is fantasic to have such a great record of the day.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom