SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold ****The Edge Signature Strat

What's Hot
lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3470
edited August 2022 in Guitars £

A wonderful guitar, but just not getting as much use as I thought. £1600 or Trade offers Jazzmaster/SG Classic plus cash. 

Got this at the weekend. Id completely forgotten they existed, and as I share my name with The Edge, I thought Id grab it.

What a wonderful guitar. Nice modern take on a strat. 2 point trem, Fat 50s and Dimarzio pups. Quarter sawn neck and light. 
 Ive set it up its a very smooth and slinky player.

I hate strats, but dont mind this. High praise. Also one of these is Noel Gallaghers No1 strat. Double high praise. 

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24691
    When these came out I thought it was a slightly strange combination of vintage and modern features.  I'd have added one more modern feature, a 22nd fret... but I love the look of the quartersawn neck, and the big headstock!  Does it also have a contoured heel?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3470
    Philly_Q said:
    When these came out I thought it was a slightly strange combination of vintage and modern features.  I'd have added one more modern feature, a 22nd fret... but I love the look of the quartersawn neck, and the big headstock!  Does it also have a contoured heel?
    Oh yeah, the contoured heel too!  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24691
    Definitely cool.  And I'm not a U2 fan.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 576
    Really nice looking guitar.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 870
    edited May 2022
    That's a great reason to buy that particular model! Looks great too.

Are you known as Edge (or even The Edge) to your mates?

If you sell it you will legally be able say it was owned by David Evans! They will be saying who the f@ck is David Evans:-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's a great reason to buy that particular model! Looks great too.

Are you known as Edge (or even The Edge) to your mates?

If you sell it you will legally be able say it was owned by David Evans! They will be saying who the f@ck is David Evans:-)
    Funnily enough one mate has called me the edge for about 10 years and no one else ever gets the joke. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15247
    tFB Trader
    Enjoy playing it and take great Pride in owning it - I'm looking for a nice Strat, but still haven't found what I'm looking for
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    Enjoy playing it and take great Pride in owning it - I'm looking for a nice Strat, but still haven't found what I'm looking for

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10922
    First name 'The', last name 'Edge', but known by my nickname 'The Edge'. Call me 'The 'The Edge' Edge'
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10922
    That's a beautiful looking strat, and I particularly love the black tweed
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24925
    I’d definitely replace the scratchplate with a b/w/b one and black plastics. I love an all black Strat with a maple neck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022 tFB Trader
    bertie said:

- It is obviously that Bad that no VAR, no appeal 
    tFB Trader
    My mate had a Desire for such a guitar, so he built a partsacaster replica - He said 'it's even better than the real thing'
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 131

Got this at the weekend. Id completely forgotten they existed, and as I share my name with The Edge, I thought Id grab it.

What a wonderful guitar. Nice modern take on a strat. 2 point trem, Fat 50s and Dimarzio pups. Quarter sawn neck and light. 

Whacked it on reverb as the set up made it quite stiff, but now Ive set it up its a very smooth and slinky player.

I hate strats, but dont mind this. High praise. 

That's a great looking strat and your lawn is in fantastic condition too!
    tFB Trader

Whacked it on reverb as the set up made it quite stiff, but now Ive set it up its a very smooth and slinky player.

I haven't seen a close up for a while of Edge with his original black Strat, but assume it has an original trem - So what was/is the thinking behind a fulcrum trem - I know the obvious answer is that it is what he wanted this for his sig model - But I'm just a touch surprised by this option - Not that there is anything wrong with it - Just a thought 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sunburst said:

That's a great looking strat and your lawn is in fantastic condition too!
    I’ll pass on your kind words to the groundskeeper 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12571
    Serious delays in the production of these apparently.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5266
    edited May 2022
     3 3…….. B

edit…..no one got my 2 hearts (beat as one) reference then? Call yourselves U2 fans? (Probably not out loud anywho)  s

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14107
    edited May 2022
    I like it but I don't like signature guitars. I prefer it when "the strats have no name”

15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28392
    +1 for all black. I love the specs on these, and have been a huge fan of U2 basically forever. I have no need for one but there's always a little nagging voice telling me to try one
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom