Seth Baccus guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    I almost contemplated a purchase last night after watching that Andertons video - 3.00am madness - but the one I most liked the look of had already been sold.  Probably for the best.  I don't even know what the neck profile's like, or anything.
    really really comfortable and easy to play... 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I almost contemplated a purchase last night after watching that Andertons video - 3.00am madness - but the one I most liked the look of had already been sold.  Probably for the best.  I don't even know what the neck profile's like, or anything.
    Skinny or chunky...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Skinny or chunky...?
    neither... nicely comfortable. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Skinny or chunky...?
     =)   I think I'll have to pay a visit to Andertons, if my enthusiasm doesn't turn out to be a flash-in-the-pan.  Too pricey for a blind buy.
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Skinny or chunky...?
     =)   I think I'll have to pay a visit to Andertons, if my enthusiasm doesn't turn out to be a flash-in-the-pan.  Too pricey for a blind buy.
    totally understand that. take your wallet though, id bet good money you'll be bowled away. 

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Having tried a couple of these at the Birmingham GuitarGuitar, I don't think you will be at all disappointed. If you are comfortable spending north of 3k on a guitar, then I can't think of another that I have enjoyed playing as much (OK, maybe the Gray Guitars strat-a-like, or the Eggle Macon or '96). The closest, profile-wise, neck from a 'bulk' manufacturer I have tried would be an Ernie Ball. Perhaps a little bigger, overall. But a similar profile and finish.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    I've played Tim Mill's Baccus's and found them amazing guitars.  If you've played a Feline Lion, then the neck is similar in feel to that, and really comfy.  The overall build quality is amazing and the sound is fantastic with a ton of natural sustain.
    Kalimna said:
    Having tried a couple of these at the Birmingham GuitarGuitar, I don't think you will be at all disappointed. If you are comfortable spending north of 3k on a guitar, then I can't think of another that I have enjoyed playing as much (OK, maybe the Gray Guitars strat-a-like, or the Eggle Macon or '96). The closest, profile-wise, neck from a 'bulk' manufacturer I have tried would be an Ernie Ball. Perhaps a little bigger, overall. But a similar profile and finish.
    I'm not necessarily comfortable spending £3k+, but I'd consider it....
    I have played Ernie Ball/Music Man necks and I think they feel great, love the finish... but they're too small for my liking.  My credit card may be safe.  
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Philly_Q said:
    Kalimna said:
    I'm not necessarily comfortable spending £3k+, but I'd consider it....
    I have played Ernie Ball/Music Man necks and I think they feel great, love the finish... but they're too small for my liking.  My credit card may be safe.  
    Actually, if you like the overall neck on an Ernie Ball but find them a little small, then Im not sure your credit card will be safe after all! From memory, the Baccus felt bigger, but overall similar shape.
  • PittsterPittster Frets: 15
    I’m fortunate enough to own 3 of Seth’s guitars. One he built for me 14 yrs ago when he was still manager at Mansons. More recently a Nautilus and last year a Shoreline S style. They are genuinely the finest guitars I have ever owned (along with one Strat I can never part with!). 

The build quality is second to none. The neck, fretwork and nut cut are top notch. To top it off Seth is one of the nicest and most humble people you could ever meet. Good on him branching out and selling via big companies to the masses.